PayPal Prepaid Mastercard - making payment via account number

dlipford370

Hi,

I understand you can setup the PayPal Prepaid Mastercard to accept deposits.  We are given the routing number, and account number that would be linked to the account.  What I'm wondering is, can we make payments using this information as well.

For example, I need to send a payment to a company, and that company accepts checkings or savings accounts.  To pay I typically link my bank routing and checking account number.  Does anyone know if I could link my PayPal Prepaid Mastercards given routing number, and account number to make payments?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your prepaid MC debit card fund is deposited in one account FDIC insured with Bankcorp bank,one account for all the folks who have the Paypal prepaid debit card.

so you may want to know,the routing number could be Bankcorp bank but the account number,is that the one for ALL prepaid debit card members or just you?

if fund is kept in one Bankcorp bank account,then individuals do not have an account number which can be used to conduct business with the outside world?

would bankcorp bank allow outside party to debit its account (for all members) and not knowing which member sub account it

should debit?

you can ask Bankcorp Bank or go to their website ,there is a comprehensive Q & A on the site  

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Or we should ask if you sign up for payment using the routing number and account number given to you,is that a good account number to use with another bank?

Your vendor 's bank will try to collect payment from Bankcorp bank using ACH,the routing number is not a problem but would Bankcorp bank recognise that your account number with them is not like the account number of a regular saving and checking,that it is a subaccount within an account which is held for all Paypal prepaid MC debit card members?

if not,it wil reject it. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The account and routing number is for use of the direct deposit services, no mention of using it as a payment method.  You can use the card for that.

In the card agreement, it says, "You may not use your Card number or the Issuer’s routing number and your Card Account number in connection with the creation and/or negotiation of any financial instruments such as checks, which we have not authorized."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.