PayPal MyCash card DISCONTINUED

DJ_in_ABQ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, all-

After using the MyCash card to add funds to my PP account for nearly a year, I had trouble finding the card at the usual retailers last week. I finally found them at Doller General, but they could not process. In fact, the register told the manager to pull them from the shelves. I spoke with PP this morning and they said the MyCash card has been discontinued altogether, which is a big bummer. It really worked well for my needs. PayPal CASH seems to be the only way now to load up a PP account at a retailer.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DJ_in_ABQ
Contributor
Contributor

BK53 wrote:

I, too, am completely at a loss. I'm a wheelchairs bound nursing home resident for 6years, so 90% of my shopping is done online. I don't have a bank account, and because I don't have a normal income, I have no credit cards -- nor do I want any! So, everything I purchase online has been with PayPal MyCash cards. What are people like me who only use cash (awesome idea, huh?) supposed to do now? I'm not familiar with GreenDot, as someone else suggested, but I'll check into it. In the meantime, i'm very disappointed, and i'm truly at à loss!

Hi-

PP has a new method for adding $$ to a PP account. It's called Pay Pal CASH (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ppcash). You log on and choose a merchant (CVS, 7-11 or Rite-Aid), and they send you a bar code which the cashier scans. Then they add whatever amount you want.

I've only used this at CVS, but have nad no problems. None of the 7-11s I tried here (Albuquerque) were set up for it.

Good luck!!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

valleygirl1955
New Community Member

This is a bummer.  I have had all good dealings with the Paypal Mycash cards and many of my customers only use this as a method of payment.  I don't know why Paypal would discontinue this service.  I really hate it.  I'm only hoping that maybe they will go back and allow Greendot Moneypacs to be used again as a method of adding funds or payment.  They used to accept these, then Greendot quit issuing the Moneypacs for a while, then we got the Paypal Mycash; which is powered by Greendot, and now that there is the Moneypacs back on the market there is the phasing out of the MyCash cards.  I'm really, really hoping that because both of these were a product of Greendot, that maybe soon, Paypal will again allow the use of the Moneypac.  If not; I'm **bleep**.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

Login to Me Too

BK53
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, am completely at a loss. I'm a wheelchairs bound nursing home resident for 6years, so 90% of my shopping is done online. I don't have a bank account, and because I don't have a normal income, I have no credit cards -- nor do I want any! So, everything I purchase online has been with PayPal MyCash cards. What are people like me who only use cash (awesome idea, huh?) supposed to do now? I'm not familiar with GreenDot, as someone else suggested, but I'll check into it. In the meantime, i'm very disappointed, and i'm truly at à loss!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal should have told you last month,the card is gone,instead you go to your Paypal account and select add money and it will send you a 4 digit code,download \or print it or both and go to your store,hand over cash and that 4 digit code and your cash will be added to your account.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DJ_in_ABQ
Contributor
Contributor

BK53 wrote:

Hi-

PP has a new method for adding $$ to a PP account. It's called Pay Pal CASH (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ppcash). You log on and choose a merchant (CVS, 7-11 or Rite-Aid), and they send you a bar code which the cashier scans. Then they add whatever amount you want.

I've only used this at CVS, but have nad no problems. None of the 7-11s I tried here (Albuquerque) were set up for it.

Good luck!!

Login to Me Too

ShaiyaRaina
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal my cash card that has been discontinued

I have done everything from requesting a refund, calling customer service and even the store where I purchased. I have a request confirmation number that was given to me. The Paypal automative system first ask you for the card number. Then after you put it in it will say the amount that is on the card. I have gone through H to try and get my $20 back from paypal. I guess they knew if they removed the card they would have a huge hold over people trying to get there money back if they did not use the card. They could play roulette with everyone's cash and get away with it. $20 isn't a lot but I am going to go as far as I can to see if I can get my money back even if it is court. I was on the phone with Paypal for over 2 hours being sent back and forth to customer service that does not deal with my cash and then to my cash. If they could not help me then back to customer service or hang up. It is bad service also. They had my $20 cash amount on the auto service when I would call but as of 1 month now, no money on  the card and it says PIN NOT ACTIVATED: The PIN number provided has not been activated at retail. I want this community to know that I bought this card at the store where I am employed. The register operator at that store who rung me up still remembers the transaction. I will ask her to speak if it comes to that.  I had a bad feeling after reading some of your post that Paypal is going to do what ever they can to hold on to all this money that people have been trying to get back since they pulled the cards off the shelf (Blue PayPal /Cash) cards. I really didn't think that they would have a problem returning money that had not been used or use for purchase.  If the paypal community has any suggestions please let me know. When the Paypal my cash site did allow me to put in my card and request a refund, the site gave me a request confirmation number that I have but can you believe that the representative said that it should have been 10 digits. I said wow I copied and pasted it in word and also wrote it down. I thought wow you all will go to the end of the earth to not have to return people's money. Small claims court here I come for $20 dollars. It does not belong to Paypal. If you all still do use Paypal be very careful, if something goes wrong you probably will not get your money back. I can't wait until this is over so I can remove my account from them never to use Paypal again. BEWARE!!!

Login to Me Too

SolArmande
New Community Member

HEY PAYPAL.

IF YOU'VE DISCONTINUED THIS, MAYBE THINK ABOUT REMOVING ALL THE INFORMATION YOU STILL HAVE POSTED ABOUT IT, TELLING PEOPLE TO LOG INTO THEIR ACCOUNT AND CLICK A BUTTON THAT NO LONGER EXISTS.

THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME YOU JERKS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.