PayPal Here not accepting credit card payments.

Krystal2183
Contributor
Contributor
I have recently tried to process three credit card payments within the last 24 hours and I keep getting an error message saying the card can't process and to try again later(not exact words). I called customer support yesterday and today, first telling me it was my internet or signal and then today stating that it may be a technical issue on their end. Is anyone else having the same problem and do I need to get another payment service or is this rare? Please help!!!!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I haven't used PayPal Here since Saturday and haven't had such problems unless there were an internet issue.

What devices are you using?

What internet service?

Is internet or though WiFi?

Whit signal strength?

Which PayPal Here App version?

I use the bluethooth credit card  reader with a Samsung Tablet and it works fine with WiFi thorugh an internet Verizon hotspot.

Login to Me Too

Krystal2183
Contributor
Contributor
I tried both on my galaxy and my tablet, both show the same error message. I've accepted payments prior to this issue and had no problems. I also tried using my wifi through AT&T as well and on my phone, even manually entered the card number. Customer support couldn't find an issue on my end just informing me that it's a technical issue on their end and will email me when it's resolved. I have been using this service for a little over a week and I was hoping that this is just a hiccup and doesn't happen often. Not sure which version of the PayPal here app I have but it should be up-to-date especially since I just recently started using the service.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've been using the PaPal Here app first with the swiper and then with chip card reder for over a year.  I also have a bluetooth printer so I can print a detailed receipt fo the buyer.  The only issue with the chip card reader is that sometimes it doesn't re-connect after going to sleep due to lack of activity.  I also use the barcod capability which works fine, but only on a tablet.

I hope all is fine as I will be needing it this weekend.  I do have backups, first with Square non-chip reader although I never used it.  I have a backup merchant account with Clover Go and I did need it once because of an error that wasn't an error.  Neither Square nor Clover Go will print receipts and my requirement is printing receipts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.