PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

da_cards
Contributor
Contributor

First, a device question for the forthcoming PayPal Here program: will it be compatible with Apple iPads using 4G cellular data service?  Since I have a "cell number" for data I would think yes, but it would be nice to see confirmation.

Second, I've signed up on the PayPal Here waiting list, as I do plenty of mail order but also travel and sell products in person.  To date, I have done in-person sales as cash only, so the idea of having a mobile means of taking credit card payments to my PayPal account is a fairly exciting one -- something my buyers have asked about dozens of times.

I do have some unanswered concerns though, particularly as regards the PayPal Seller Protection Policy.  According to PayPal's own policy, sellers are not protected for "items that you deliver in person" -- if so, however, what guarantee do I have that some unscrupulous person won't receive goods from me while I am traveling, pay with their credit card, and then sometime down the road initiate a claim to receive their money back?  So I guess there are a few questions here:

1. Will there be any update to the Seller Protection Policy to protect and reassure sellers who want to use PayPal Here after it is deployed?
  2. Will PayPal provide a clear set of rules for sellers to follow (such as providing a photo of buyer's driver's license with goods, or what have you) so that fraudulent chargebacks can be summarily dismissed?
  3. For in-person sales, goods delivered immediately upon payment, what time limit will there be on claims filed against the seller?

Having a robust means of protecting the seller -- particularly for items with no breakable/"not as described" factor -- seems like it would be key to the success of PayPal Here.  While we're waiting for the card readers to become available, it would be nice to see some advance information on how PayPal will assist sellers who want to use the program.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

UniqueOrigins
Contributor
Contributor

Where do you see the software? I know its on the android market but it isnt available for download. DO you have the apk online somewhere?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

UniqueOrigins -

If you haven't already, make sure that you sign up for the waitlist at www.paypal.com/here. (US)

Hill Ferguson put out a PayPal Here update on the PayPal blog that you may find interesting:

"We’re shipping thousands of readers out each week and we will continue to ramp up distribution. Demand remains very strong and we still have thousands of businesses signing up every day, despite the fact we haven’t even started our marketing programs yet. We expect to clear through the waitlist by June 25."

That was about two weeks ago, so if you haven't signed up yet, I'd encourage doing so as soon as possible! 

Once you're signed up, and we've notified you that PayPal Here is available for you, the app will become available for download in your appropriate store. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Floridabruce
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got the email saying I could download the Android software and get my "Here".... But when I tried to download it said my phone wasn't compatible?? I have a fairly new smartphone... Sprint Samsung Conquer SPH-D600 (android version 2.3.6)... I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon... Will I ever be able to use Paypal Here with my Sprint smartphone?

Login to Me Too

Cherrie_JWM

Hi Adrian,

I realize this post is quite old, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question within the already existing discussions.  

In reference to the look of my receipt, I need to change the logo that I originally uploaded when setting up my paypal here account. Is this possible and can you direct me to where I am able to do it?

Thank you!

Cherrie

Login to Me Too

Dumaine
Contributor
Contributor

@Cherrie_JWM wrote:

Hi Adrian,

I realize this post is quite old, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question within the already existing discussions.  

In reference to the look of my receipt, I need to change the logo that I originally uploaded when setting up my paypal here account. Is this possible and can you direct me to where I am able to do it?

Thank you!

Cherrie

If you click your Business Info from the left menu that opens, click your name at the top and change the photo

Login to Me Too

bammdesign
New Community Member

Does this apply internationally, continentally or just US?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

AmikaPress -

PayPal Here is currently available in the US, Canada, Hong Kong, and Australia, so the information would apply only to those markets at this time.

We've also recently announced we will bring PayPal Here to Japan, which is really exciting news as we roll out this service to more and more small businesses globally!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

alammle
Contributor
Contributor

I have received a PayPal Here card reader and am anxious to use it.  I currently use Square, but there are many things about the PayPal app that I like better than Square. 

I'm almost ready to make the switch except for one thing: 

How can I remove my "business address" from the receipts sent to my customers?

As an indie crafter, I sell my goods at shows and a variety of locations, but my Business address is the same as my home address. For my own security, I would prefer that every single person I do business with not have that information.

This is the only thing preventing me from making the swtich.  If I can get this resolved, I'll be the first one of my crafty friends who is using PayPal Here. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

alammie -

Welcome to the Community!

In order to process purchases with PayPal Here, at least the business name, city, and state would need to be on the receipts.  What displays is determined at the time you download the app and set it up.  However, it can be changed Smiley Happy

If you go into your Profile from the PayPal Here app, you can check the address and update it to include just this information.  This won't affect your actual PayPal account, and this will allow you to be the first of your crafty friends to use it!

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.