PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

ymh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

This app is still not available for the Samsung Galaxy S2......this is a very popular phone so don't really understand why a compatible version has not been released yet.

Could you say when this is likely to be available?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

ymh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

This app is still not available for the Samsung Galaxy S2......this is a very popular phone so don't really understand why a compatible version has not been released yet.

Could you say when this is likely to be available?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

jasba123
New Community Member

Hi

Is the paypal here download available on/for  the Asus Fonepad?

Thank You

James

Login to Me Too

Studebaker
Contributor
Contributor

Zowie! I've been waiting patiently for the Android version of Paypal Here...  So, I get the email telling me to go download...

Incompatible with ALL my phones. Including my Samsung S II. The latest and greatest phone.

When will compatibility be available for the Samsung Galaxy S II?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Studebaker!

Welcome to the forums! 🙂

We do have compatibility for three devices that are listed as Samsung Galaxy S2. Is your device any of the following?

SGH-i777

SGH-T989

SPH-D710

If your model is any of the three listed above, the app should be available. If I've misinterpreted and there is another Samsung S II device, I regret that it is not currently compatible yet.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Studebaker
Contributor
Contributor

My device is listed by Google Play as Samsung SGH-T989....  But, it says it's not compatible with my device and won't install.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Studebaker,

What version of the Android OS are you using? For that device, a version number of at least 2.3.6 is needed.

Please let me know. If you're running that version and are still having problems, we may need to you call Customer Support to do individualized troubleshooting.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Studebaker
Contributor
Contributor

It's listed as Android 2.3.6, they havent updated to ICS as promised, yet... I'll call Customer Support as you have suggested.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you! Please let us know what the outcome is!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

SPC-Admin
Contributor
Contributor

I have the Samsung i727, any idea on when compatability will be accomplished for my device?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.