PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

mkhg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is PayPal HERE or will be available for Nexus 7? I mean, for the NEW Nexus now in September 2013

Thank you

Login to Me Too

OH-PEN-ME
Contributor
Contributor

OK, you say the PAYPAL HERE will release in the Spring...Is that Spring of 2012 or 2013?  It is now June  2012 and still no Paypal Here...any further updates???

Login to Me Too

ShooterJim

Both Adrian and Olivia said Android support is coming in tyhe Spring. Summer begins tomorrow, so wondering where my reader is?

Also, I got an email that directed me to download the app - but, when I go to the app store for Android, it says the application is not compatible with my phone, Samsung SGH-i727 (Galaxy S II SkyRocket).

I really would like to use this, but every time I try, I get blocked.

Please give me a real estimate of when I will:

1. receive my reader
  2. be able to download the app for my Skyrocket phone

Square is running circles around you guys right now...

Thanks,

Jim

Login to Me Too

brianrussell
New Community Member

I have the same phone, and would also like to know when this will be available, but criticizing and insulting are not going to get us there.

Login to Me Too

SPC-Admin
Contributor
Contributor

When is PayPal Here going to be supported on the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket? I noticed it is supported on the S3 why the skip? I have a ard reader from when I had an iPhone and would love to continue using PayPal Here for my business; I'd really hate to have to go somewhere else.

Login to Me Too

bnickell
Contributor
Contributor

trying to find out if a phone (NET10 LG900G) that is APP capable will work with the card reader

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi bnickell,

From taking a quick glance at the specs, the device you mentioned does not run iOS or Android, and wouldn't be compatible with PayPal Here.

PayPal Here will be available to work with Android and iPhone. It will also work on an iPad running iOS 4 or higher.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

millsresale

I use an LGL45C, and am getting a "not compatible with your device" message.

Here is a snippet  from

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-here-compatible-devices

In order to run PayPal Here, an Android device must include the following specifications:

• Android version 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or higher
  • 3.5 mm headset jack with microphone
  • Support for Location Services
  • Access to the internet (via WiFi or cellular data network)

My phone runs Android 2.3.4 (which should be fine)

Has a Headphone Jack

Has Support for location Services ( I think)

and Of course has wi-fi and data.

So...what's the deal?

Login to Me Too

juicepouchlady
Contributor
Contributor

I received email today saying its available and told me the steps...but my android phone ( Sanyo Zio ) wont let me download the app. I currently use square with no problems BUT have been waiting soooo patiently for PayPal here! PLEASE HELP!?

April

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi juicepouchlady, and welcome to the forums!

The PayPal Here application is currently available for some Android devices and not yet for others. Availability of the app for download is there for devices that are currently compatible. More devices are being enabled gradually, and as each is added, the app will be made available for download for those devices.

I regret the delay. Please check back later!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.