PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

gdanmitchell

A few months ago I picked up the PaypalHere device so that I could do credit card transactions. I tried setting it up for the first time about a week ago. I have installed the iPhone app, plugged the device into the audio outport port. After using either email/password or phone number and pin to log in, I click the button and see: "Logging In. Verifying Credentials"

A moment later I get an error message: "Error. System error. Please try again. OK" Clicking the OK button takes me back to the same screen where repeated tries generate the same result. 

I have updated the app in the past 24 hours. I have the new version of the iOS running on an iPhone 4. I did read the FAQ where I found nothing about this issue.

As a Paypal user for some time, I'd prefer to use the Paypal credit card reader system, but if I cannot resolve this very, very quickly I will move to the Square reader instead.

Thanks,

Dan

Login to Me Too

gdanmitchell

While I'm on the subject, can I move the same reader between my iPhone and my iPad? (And, no, I have not done that in this case - that's why I'm asking first.)

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

HDean82

@gdanmitchell wrote:

While I'm on the subject, can I move the same reader between my iPhone and my iPad? (And, no, I have not done that in this case - that's why I'm asking first.)

Thanks.

I am not sure about the reader, I do not see any issue why that wouldn't work. However, I use both my iPhone and iPad all the time, but the majority of mine is manual entries. Not sure if that is any help, but thought I would add that 😛

Login to Me Too

musicreporter
New Community Member

I have the same problem, after trying for an hour.

May be moving on to Bank of America card reader

Login to Me Too

dgraves49
New Community Member

When scanning a check with the pay pal here app. does the system verify the checking account ?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The check is only validated after it's electronically deposited.  Works the same way as if you physically deposited the check.  You won't know if it's a good check untill after the bank tries to process it.  Bottom line, you could get a bad check.

Login to Me Too

royhogan007
Contributor
Contributor
I'm trying to scan a check and its telling me I can't why is it telling me I can't scan it
Login to Me Too

Wreaths
New Community Member

Will the Iphone app work on my Ipad? so i can take orders.

Login to Me Too

HDean82

I use it on my IPAD from time to time 🙂

Login to Me Too

HDean82

I have been using PayPal Here for some time. However, I ran my customers card manually 3 days ago and she emailed me stating her statement is showing 2 charges, same amount. My PayPal account only reflects 1 charge.I did notice this time before it got to the signature page the amount was already in my account. However, I pressed submit anyway for the signature as its normally what I do.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am not sure what to tell my customer and I certainly do not want to be responsible for her bank account over drafts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.