PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

TheRocket
New Community Member

Same Problem !  Cant even sign in to the Paypal Here Account even after changing my password etc... Every single time I ht the system error ! Please Help !    iPhone 4s

Login to Me Too

ChameleonWalker
New Community Member

I've the exact same problem. I can use the regular PayPal app on my iPhone but I can't use the PayPal here, I always got the following error:

System error.mPlease try again.

Very annoying when you need the application now!!

Login to Me Too

jondillabaugh
Contributor
Contributor

I actually gave up and signed up for Square. They payout faster (to your checking account) and have the same rates. Their app worked the first time without any issues.

Login to Me Too

SheilaAnn12
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal, do you have any guidance regarding this issue?

I, too, am receiving the same error message.

Login to Me Too

ncwebpros
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem on iOS 7. Saw on PayPal's Facebook page that you need to delete the app from your phone and download again. They fixed a bug in the system. Don't know why it didn't auto update, but it doesn't. 

Login to Me Too

Veona

Hi,

We currently have the pay pal card reader capabilty on our phone and a reader for another account. How can I use a 2nd account for the same phone? Or, is that possible? Do I need to set up everything on a different phone for the other bank account?

Veona

Login to Me Too

mytake
Contributor
Contributor

@Veona wrote:

Hi,

We currently have the pay pal card reader capabilty on our phone and a reader for another account. How can I use a 2nd account for the same phone? Or, is that possible? Do I need to set up everything on a different phone for the other bank account?

Veona

just create an other account with a diffrent login.  you can use same phone, just have to log out of one to log into the other.

Login to Me Too

nickiwd
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently started using PayPal, and I need to know how to get the balance from a Walmart Money Card transferred into my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

personalizit

Hi. I just got the PayPal Here device in the mail for my Android LG40. I placed it on the phone, got a "ready to read card" message. But when I slide the card, my screen goes dark. Help.

Login to Me Too

djMax
Contributor
Contributor

Is the reader pressing down on your phone's power button when you put a card through? Try turning it around to test?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.