PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

tbare
New Community Member

For what it's worth, I just came across this same issue - I'm assuiming the Here reader uses the 3rd / 4th pins of the iphone jack, and thus, a "smarter" extension cable may be needed. I came across this one that's only $8: http://www.radtech.us/products/procable-shortz-audio-extender

I admit, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to be ordering one soon.

It'd be nice is PayPal would provide a model that's compatible with larger cases (and also the iphone 5, as the reader is now faceing the BACK of the phone...)

Login to Me Too

CellPay
Contributor
Contributor

tbare: the site you provide for a cable for $8 does not work more importantly the cable doesn't even have the right configuration for using a mobile credit card reader.   If anyone is struggling with a 3.5mm card reader not fitting with a case like otterbox then the cable you want is from CellPay Accessories and it's called the "CellPay Mobile Credit Card Reader 3.5mm Audio Cable Extension - Otterbox Compatible - (male to female)".  Here's the link for those that have the same issues.  https://cellpayaccessories.com/affiliate/38/node/882

FYI this cable works with square, intuit gopayment, IDTech, RoamData and other 3.5 mm audio card readers.

Login to Me Too

Tracio
New Community Member
I purchased 2 different extenders from Amazon that said they work with PayPal Here. I have IPhone 6 with Otterbox cover. Both readers would connect and said card reader detected but when you go and swipe card NOTHING happens. Then I take Otterbox completely off and not use extender card processes perfectly. So, even though extenders say they connect you cannot process the PYMT. I have tried this 6 times with 6 different clients. I don't want to give up my Otterbox. HELP!!
Login to Me Too

mytake
Contributor
Contributor
Make sure the reader is plugged into the extension BEFORE you attach it to the phone. This works for me
Login to Me Too

babyers88
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a very long time paypal user and I have just a couple small suggestions that would make life a little easier

1. place the customers phone number within a packing slip if it is available
2. place customer notes within a packing slip somewhere...........

currently neither are within a packing slip and when I do my shipping labels and packing I go by the information provided on the packing slip. I shouldn't have to go hunt and peck around for this basic information that should be already printed on the packing slip, make sense??? anyone.... anyone hear me? hello

Login to Me Too

brittanif

Is there a way to delete saved orders in my sales history? 

Login to Me Too

Leafman62
Contributor
Contributor
Same question
Login to Me Too

mooseye
New Community Member

I installed the program/app from the text link and I can get to my Pay-Pal  info screen but when I get to the ss# input screen I can put in a couple of numbers then it freezes and the phone will vibrate once, then after a couple seconds it will vibrate twice and the app closes back to my home screen.

I have tried reinstalling the app and same result.

Login to Me Too

dwbwizard
Contributor
Contributor

With a U.S. account and card reader, is it possible to configure PayPal Here to process transations in Japanese Yen?

Login to Me Too

kmilton
Contributor
Contributor

It is obviious my android is not compatable. I have called three times and have gotten two different answers. Bottom line the swiper does not work. I have a Galaxie Victory with version 4.0.4,  model l300. Is there going to be an upgrade to include this phone?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.