PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

UniqueOrigins
Contributor
Contributor

I applied over 6 weeks ago. How can I check up on the status of my application? I really would like to start using this instead of Square.

Login to Me Too

CheSweet
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I would like to ask about the PayPal here. I am not sure how work it, I already downloaded the app for my Android 4.0, but I am not sure if my phone supports the blue triangle and also how I can order the blue triangle for the credit card transaction. Please if you can help me with this i'll appreciate very much.

I will be waiting for your response

Login to Me Too

RedDirtDawg

WIth PayPal Here I understand that you receive a card reader......but what I am wondering is,what if you want to use both an Android in some situations and an iPad in other situations....can you recieve a PayPal card reader for both operating systems from PayPal?   I am sure one will not work for both the Android and the iPad so I would need two different ones...right?.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

zauchb
Contributor
Contributor
Ya one reader will work for both but they will send u a second one for free
Login to Me Too

UniqueOrigins
Contributor
Contributor

Just recieved notice that my reader is on its way to me now! WOOHOO

Login to Me Too

zauchb
Contributor
Contributor

Ya they said that to me 3 weeks ago

Login to Me Too

Mike_McKoy
Contributor
Contributor

My post and the reply Olivia made are both missing...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Mike_McKoy,

You might have been trying to read it while two threads were being merged. The thread grew from 3 pages to 6 pages. Try viewing the posts in chronological order by going to the top of the page, right beneath the header graphic, and hovering over "Topic Options" and then selecting "Sort Oldest to Newest". If you jump to the last page after doing that, you'll see the newest posts to the thread. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

RichardVal
New Community Member

Is PayPal Here compatible with an HTC EVO V 4G with Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)?

I just purchased another phone:  LG Optimus Slider model LG-VM701 / Android version 2.3.4. and it would not take the PayPal Here application because it was not compatible with this device.  I've got the okay to return it to the place I purchased it and replace it with another unit.  The next unit is the HTC EVO V 4G (above).  But before I do replace it, and pay more money, I would like to know if the HTC unit is compatible.

Thank you,

Richard

Login to Me Too

UniqueOrigins
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the update:

I got my reader Friday. I tried it out on two different phones. Droid X2 and Thunderbolt. Tried 5 different cards with it. It did not work. Both phones detected it and stated it was plugged in but when I tried to read a card nothing happened. I ordered a replacement reader....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.