PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

jsykas
Contributor
Contributor

Site says to find if Windows 10 device is compatible just download app and do a reader test before purchase. I downloaded the app but can not locate the reader test. Where would I find that?

Login to Me Too

ozstar
Contributor
Contributor

Can't someone from PayPal help with this pairing dropout problem please?

At a market it also happened to someone who I was buying from. In the end I paid cash !

Login to Me Too

TopCityWeb
New Community Member

Is PayPal coming out with a new dongle that uses the lightning port?  I'm using my "audio" dongle with the adapter I got with my iPhone 7 Plus, but it's a major PITA to use it.  Keeps coming unplugged.

Are there any third-party bluetooth readers?  $79 is a bit steep.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@TopCityWeb

Card readers are specific and designed to work with a specific app.  There is no generic credit card use app and, therefore, no generic readers.  Also, there are no generic printers to work with the apps.

Actually, $79 isn't bad for a point of sale device.

There are other options, such as FirstData's Clover Go.  The device is less expensive and the processing rates are lower than PayPal.  The only problem I have with Clover Go is that there is no compatible printer available.  Well, the Clover Go app doesn't allow for bar code either.

Login to Me Too

springersgirl
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure where to post this....I am having trouble with the Paypal site.  I want to file a complaint and go through all the steps, but when I get to continue, I get a message that says "oops there is a problem on our end".  Well, I tried it three times, and got the same message.  Is there a problem with Paypal right now?  1:31 mtn time 2/1/18

Login to Me Too

spiyda
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using the android app for some time with no real issues, however I recently swapped to an iPad 4 so that we could scan bar codes when making a sale.

It seemed to work well except for some strange behavior.

After making one sale, we could not clear the items.

we  clicked "clear" just below the list of items

we clicked on the item line and clicked remove.

but each time, screen showed "Current Sale"

and the item re-appeared in the list of items for that sale.

It was most frustrating when trying to take a card payment.

in the end, we just changed the value of that line to 0.00

it still appeared it the customer's receipt, but at least they were charged the correct amount.

I was unable to select "New Sale"

any thoughts ?

is there a way of clearing the current sale completely?

When I try to duplicate the problem I am unable to...

but if it occurs again when under the pressure of trying to take a payment, it would be helpful to know what to do.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.