PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, this thread is here for questions about the product. If you're in the initial limited release and have experience with the card reader, please feel free to ask or answer questions in this thread. If you have questions about how PayPal Here works, please feel free to post them here too.

Before asking a question, please take a look at the PayPal Here FAQ, and read through the previous questions in the thread. Your answer may already be available! 🙂

Feedback posts should be made in the Feedback about PayPal Here thread in the Your Voice forum. If your post was moved from this thread, please look for it there. Thank you! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
635 REPLIES 635

SugarandSpice11
Contributor
Contributor

I am using an Apple Iphone 5s. It will not work with the wifi or my cellular data either one. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Does your cell phone have data service?

Login to Me Too

ThriftyNeedle
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having very similar issues as well. I am using an iPad 2 with a moblie hot spot from Freedompop which piggy backs off the Sprint towers. Ever since the move to your new security system, I am constantly getting a system error. I've deleted, restarted the iPad and re-installed the software so many times I know it's not that. If I try to do a manual imput I get a decline on the card even if I know it's good. 

With that said, I do not get an error on my home internet just the "portable" one which I NEED to work. There seems to be some kind of disconnect between the mobile data plans and being able to process cards with the application. Personally, I can't have this as I have lost sales. I can't have this. None of us can. 

Login to Me Too

SugarandSpice11
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, my cell phone has data service, but won't work that way either.
Login to Me Too

ThriftyNeedle
Contributor
Contributor

I am using an iPad 2 with a moblie hot spot from Freedompop which piggy backs off the Sprint towers. Ever since the move to your new security system, I am constantly getting a system error. I've deleted, restarted the iPad and re-installed the software so many times I know it's not that. If I try to do a manual imput I get a decline on the card even if I know it's good. 

With that said, I do not get an error on my home internet just the "portable" one which I NEED to work. There seems to be some kind of disconnect between the mobile data plans and being able to process cards with the application. Personally, I can't have this as I have lost sales. I can't have this as I have two BIG shows this coming weekend and the next and NEED to be able to take credit cards.

Login to Me Too

WE'RE SORRY WE CAN'T UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION RIGHT NOW. PLEASE LOG IN TO YOUR P[ROFILE AT PAYPAL.COM TO UPDATE YOUR INFO. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS OVER A WEEK!!! Help!!!

Login to Me Too

ozstar
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried this with Galaxy s4,  Iphone 4, Ipad 3, Android tablet and get the same response.

My problem is connecting to Blue tooth.

In the phone it says it is connected but in the app on the phone it says it is disconnected and while I wait until the blue light stops flashing on the PPH device, I hardly ever get it to work.

Why does you device do it please.

I really need it to work for me otherwise it is usleless.

Please help me get it connected securely.

Once it is connected it is fine until it drops poff again.

None other of myblkuetooth devices does this.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@ozstar

Which Android version on the tablet?

Login to Me Too

ozstar
Contributor
Contributor
Kit kat 4.4
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think it's supposed to work with 4.5.  I'm on to the next version with a Samsung Tab S2 tablet.

What is the current firmware on your bluetooth reader?  When connected you can see this information when you click on the Bluetooth reader from the app.  I have MPI Version 0.7.6.M.1.41 and it states that software is up to date  Or, when did you last download an update?

PayPal has good tech service people available to help; you just might need a lot of paitience and persistence to reach one--maybe even multiple calls.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.