PayPal Here Login screen rotated 90 degrees on tablet

Beachcove
Contributor
Contributor

Since my last PayPal Here update (2.80 Build 3211) the Login screen rotated 90 degrees CCW and has tiny text/fields.

It looks like it's in Portrait Mode, but the Android tablet is fixed in Landscape position (longer screen edge is horizontal).

Per telephone support, I've uninstalled and reinstalled PayPal Here, but the Login screen is still rotated. I'm tempted to tilt my head to read it.  Once I login, the transaction screen is normal.  I can live with this, since it works, but it's annoying.  Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is annoying and it has appeared with the last update.

My Samsung tablet can be used either landscape or portrait and I generally have it portratit and the initial login is ALWAYS locked to portrait.

I just put up with it even though it is annoying and shows a lack of consideration or profesionalism for the programmers who did the update.  Why can't they make the updates to be an improvement for users rather than satisfy some intenal achievement goals?

Login to Me Too

Beachcove
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, DP:

I'm glad that I'm not a software developer, mostly because there are SO many devices to deal with.

I rue the day when I'm about to do a credit card transaction and it fails ... with the customer standing there.  For now, I'm glad it works.

By the way, with the rotated login screen showing, I took the tablet out and rotated it 90 degrees.  The screen went black. Oh, well. Thanks for letting me know about your Samsung tablet's "doings", and I look forward to the next update ... I think.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you notice another serious issue that came with the "upgrade"?  When you are on the product list for the PPHere app (landscape) that the search option no longer works?  Also, the category selection is also dead.

I phoned about that and it is supposedly a known issue.

It seems as though they are rushing updates wihout some simple usablility testing.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I phoned again today and got thorugh to a PayPal Here person in less than 2 minutes.  Both took the time to research the search and categories problem and they don't have a report of it.  I confirmed the problem on both android smartphone and Samsung tablet.

I found a way to submit a technical issue so that's the next step.

Login to Me Too

Beachcove
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, DP, for getting the problem(s) submitted.  My call may have been "miscategorized".

Cheers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.