PayPal Here Android tablet app does not work for searches and product category lists

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems that the recent PayPal Here app upgrade (ver 2.8.1) broke an important search functionality of the selling app on an Android tablet in landscape mode, specifically Samsung Tablet Tab S2 with Andoid 6.0.1.  Here is a screenshot of where the problem happens.

I used to be able to tap a category button and it would display items in the category; now a tap just blinks the button and nothing.

When I choose the search option I can enter text, but the search does not respond.

I've made 3 phone calls to customer service and they claim there is no problem.  I submitted a claim the Merchant Tecnical Support and no response yet.

Could someone check their app to confirm if there is a problem or not.

Screenshot_20170209-161425.png

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

passomers
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same exact probelm. I tried removing all the categories and added a new category and a new prduct to see if that worked, it did not. The app is really hard to use without this feature working. It weems to work on other version (Windows for example). I wondr if it's some setting that I have set on the tablet? Any thoughts? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a problem; that means is not my devices nor my app version.

I haven't heard back from PayPal since I submitted my problem.

You could phone PayPal customer service so they can log the problem with another user.  When I called I talked to 2 different agents and both were unaware of the issue.

The phone call is very important.  

After the phone call then go to PayPal.com/MTS  (merchant technical support).  At the very bottom of the page click on "Contact Support (on the footer line) nad submit a ticket for the problem.

BEFORE you create the ticket, create a new MTS account (it is separate from your regular PayPal acocunt), then log in so you can follow results.

I fogot to log in first (I forgot I had a MTS account) so I can't follow my results. 

I signed into my MTS account and re-submitted the problem.  Now it shows up in the My Stuff list so I follow any results.

Login to Me Too

Misfran
New Community Member

Have the same problem. Was also contacting customer service multiple times, no one has a clue. Big frustration. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've submitted a tech ticket and still not reponse I just update the problem report and hope for a new reponse.

You can go to PayPal.com/mts and create a tech account and then submit your problem.  Make sure you include screen captures from your tablet to show spefically what doesn't work.  

Merchant Technical Support is different from PayPal and the Community. It's just for those who do merchant services, like PayPal Here.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I received an email from Merchant Technical Support that they found found problem and fixed the code.  They are currently testing to make sure there are not problems.  It fix will be in the next updated pushed live, but no date provided for that update.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Nothing new.  Still waiting for a new push update.

Login to Me Too

passomers
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone hear any further news on delivery of the fix? 

Login to Me Too

markpreach
New Community Member

I am having the same problem on an acer tablet. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal introduced the fix last week.  I got the notification since I had filed a cse with MTS.  It was supposed to be a push fix, but it wasn't quite.

Here's what you need to do:

Go to Google Play store and find the PayPal Here app.  There will be an option to uninstal or update.  Just select the update and it happens.  I think that was the process I used.

Searches do work properly now and also the categories.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.