PayPal Debit card mailing address

RStarcher
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

My PayPal Debit card is about to expire so they sent me an email saying to confirm my address. But the address in the email is my old one from 10 years ago, and is not the one on my account. How is that possible? They tell me to change it, but it already has the right address in my account. How do they have my old one in their records?  There is no way to contact them about it because it is not an option online or on the phone (automated). I can't seem to have the choice to talk to a live person on the phone. My last card went to this wrong address as well, luckily I know the person. But I'd like to fix this and can't figure out how! It's a full-on condundrum! Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?

Thanks for any help!

~Bob

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

dvanryzin
Contributor
Contributor

I have the SAME issue!

My mailing address on my account is correct, but the address they have in the email for the new debit card is my old one.  No possible way to change it!

I sent an emal to them....I'll post if I find an answer.

Login to Me Too

RStarcher
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I have never found it so difficult to comunicate to a company in my life! Very frustrating. At least you found a way to email them, I couldn't even find that!

Good luck,

~Bob

Login to Me Too

woodslat
New Community Member

Any resolution for this?  I need a replacement card badly and this is a real pain in the neck!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there should be a phone number you can call on the back of the card,or call Paypal .

Login to Me Too

Donny2
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. They contacted me by email saying the card could not be delivered because the address is outdated.

Here is the issue: Account profile address has been updated but the billing address on the PayPal debit card is the outdayed one. As others have said, there is no way to change it. The "help" pages say to click on the card in your wallet and click "update" but there is no such link.

Added new address to profile and changed it to primary. Tried to remove old address from profile and it gives an error to remove it frome the card in your wallet first. No option exists for that. When you call they have no idea of what's going on. I was told to cancel my card. Please get it together PayPal.

Login to Me Too

RStarcher
Contributor
Contributor

I did receive my new card, as my aunt lives at my old address (this is the second card sent there). If she moves, I'm **bleep**.  When I call the number on the card, it's an automated system and there is no choice that fits this, and no way I could find to talk to someone. I have no idea how to fix this, other than cancelling the card and getting a new one. I could report it as lost or stolen, but poor record keeping of PayPal would be more accurate. Of course that's not an option they offer either. Makes me worry about what else they are up to!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.