PayPal Debit Mastercard

Shadayjj
Contributor
Contributor
I received the temporary PayPal debit card I requested but I was wondering if I can deactivate it before the next monthly fee. Is there a fee to activate the official card when it arrives in a week or does it come already activated? If there is a fee to activate the official card then how much is it? What is the difference between the temporary card and official card?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Hi Shadayjj -

Welcome to the Forums! Happy to try and address your questions here!

We don't really have a lot of details on the card when it arrives, so I'd be unable to tell you for sure that it's activated when it arrives or not. I'm going to guess that you would need to go on the site to activate it or call a number,  just as a standard safety step - we wouldn't want an already active and working card sent through the mail, now would we? 🙂

As far as cancelling, you can do that at any time. If you do so before the next monthly fee is due, then that should stop any future fees from being assessed. But there would be no additional fee for activating the permanent card. And the biggest difference between the temporary card and the permanent one - besides your name being on it - is that the permanent card allows for instant transfers to the card. The temporary card requires 2-3 business days for a PayPal balance to be sent to the card, for you to then use for purchases. The permanent card allows a more instant version, so you can send the money over and use it pretty much right away!

Finally, no, you would not need a bank account to use the permanent card. You would need to load the card though, be it through a PayPal balance or via one of our in store options. More information on that can be found on the site.

Hope that helps! Please let us know if there are any other questions we can assist with!

- Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did you paid at least $4.95 for the temporary card,if so,then thats the first month fee.

the permanent card has you name etc on it and you can link it to your Paypal account and move money back and forth,there is a 4.95 fee per month,go to its website to find more.

Login to Me Too

Shadayjj
Contributor
Contributor
Can I deactivate the permanent card when I choose to?
Login to Me Too

Shadayjj
Contributor
Contributor
Do I need a bank account to use the permanent card?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it has its own website,go read it

Login to Me Too

backinbellevue
New Community Member

The prepaid card comes with a bank account.

Login to Me Too

backinbellevue
New Community Member

yes. you can close the card whenever you would like to. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Hi Shadayjj -

Welcome to the Forums! Happy to try and address your questions here!

We don't really have a lot of details on the card when it arrives, so I'd be unable to tell you for sure that it's activated when it arrives or not. I'm going to guess that you would need to go on the site to activate it or call a number,  just as a standard safety step - we wouldn't want an already active and working card sent through the mail, now would we? 🙂

As far as cancelling, you can do that at any time. If you do so before the next monthly fee is due, then that should stop any future fees from being assessed. But there would be no additional fee for activating the permanent card. And the biggest difference between the temporary card and the permanent one - besides your name being on it - is that the permanent card allows for instant transfers to the card. The temporary card requires 2-3 business days for a PayPal balance to be sent to the card, for you to then use for purchases. The permanent card allows a more instant version, so you can send the money over and use it pretty much right away!

Finally, no, you would not need a bank account to use the permanent card. You would need to load the card though, be it through a PayPal balance or via one of our in store options. More information on that can be found on the site.

Hope that helps! Please let us know if there are any other questions we can assist with!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Gypsee
New Community Member

I received my card verified my email, linked to my account and it shows as an option but when I want to transfer money it only gives me the option of my bank. How do I do the instant transfer to the card?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.