PayPal Debit Card

LaJimBuchanan
Contributor
Contributor
So today I attempted to sign up and receive a PayPal debit card. As I was filling out the personal info, I realized that I needed to update my address so I can receive the card in the mail. So I added my new address and the problem arised. My account got limited, and now I need to send a photo of an ID, a bill with my current address in my name & a photo of my SSN. Sounds easy right? Welp its not because I don't have bills in my name. I'm 18 and still live with my father, so I don't pay bills. I do have my SSN, I sent a pic off and its under review. I do have a photo ID but it still has my previous address on it. Can I still send a pic of it? What do I need to do to remove this limitations asap
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

Sooner or later you were going to have to submit documents to PayPal. PayPal is looking for matching addresses to verify you. If the address on your state ID card or drivers license doesn't match the address in your PayPal account then it could be an issue.

For the mail they're requesting, the address on that too should match the address in your account. If you're not able to provide a bill then you should call PayPal and tell them your situation and ask if there is anything else you can submit that would be acceptable. 

Login to Me Too

LaJimBuchanan
Contributor
Contributor

I just changed my address back to my old one, seeing as how I do have mail from that address (still not bills) and my state ID still has that address on it. Will this work?

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

As far as using your old address on your photo ID with your account (you wrote it was an old address and you changed it back in your account), if you're planning on having the debit card forwarded from your old to your new address, keep in mind PayPal will block any USPS Forwarding Service requests and have the debit card sent back to them.

PayPal wants your current residential address and some kind of utility bill that will prove you live where you say you live. If you can't provide a utility bill you can call them up and ask for suggestions.

Everything PayPal is asking of you, will be worth it when you're done.

Login to Me Too

LaJimBuchanan
Contributor
Contributor

I've already changed it back to my old address and had sent photos of my ID and my SSN, they reviewed them and removed the limits from my account. they stated that my card will be sent to out in 7 to 10 business days, I can grab to card out of the mail easily since my old address is a block away from my new one. And my uncle owns the building. When I get it, I'll use it to make payments under my new address (I'll pay my internet bill) After that I'm sure I can use that bill with the new address on it, for when I update my address on PayPal and they say they need a bill photo again.

Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Enjoy your new card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.