PayPal Credit is a scam

candrews333
Contributor
Contributor

I got approved for a credit line with PayPal credit. As of today I have been unable to use this credit line for any transaction for any amount. Contacted PayPal and I am told since I have no history there security is blocking the transactions. I have enough of a history for you to approve the credit line but not enough to use it. I have submitted complains with the FTC and Consumer Protection Bureau.

It is outrageous to me that a company is allowed to do this

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

candrews333
Contributor
Contributor

Correct. They are saying since I do not have a spending history with Paypal there Security is not authorizing the transactions. So I do noot need a history for them to hit my credit report and authorize a credit line but you need a history to be able to use the credit line but cant get a history because the credit line cant be used because you dont have a history. Freaking crazy. The only time I have ever had a credit line that cant be used even though my credit score is 763 my debt to income ratio is 18% and have 3 credit cards with limits of $10,000.00 with no issues ever.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Maybe they don't mean PP Credit spending history but "spending" history where the funds don't come from PP Credit.

Edit: I mean think about it, if you have a new account, just to get PP Credit to use right away, PP be like, wth, why don't you spend some of your own money first and see how it goes (any disputes, payment sources are in good standing, etc) before we can let you use our money but in the meantime we can approve you for this amount.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Price_Auctions
New Community Member

No - I have been using PayPal since they started.   They did the same trash to me, even froze my accounts because they said there was strange behavior.

Then eBay and PayPal merged and they locked my account 12 times in 3 years.  So I stopped selling on eBay.

PayPal, once the blackmail fees are paid is being cancelled and I am moving to Square.  I don't have to deal with a non-existent customer service department.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Locking you account so many times in such a short time seems to indicate you would be a bad business risk.  That may be the clue.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

We don't know what you sell, we don't know how you moved your money, and we don't know if you had any chargebacks and disputes.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gabby21
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal credit has been down also me for i have had this issue since Aug paypal been undergoing MASSIVE system maintainance task's which should of been closed and complete by now. The system it self isn't fully UP*PaymentGateway* that's why payments pend and everybody it having all these issue's. It's currently 5 service tickets open for maintaince every since this as happen paypal credit as not work system failure problem all across the NETWORK  i have had paypal credit for years and make purchase's before no problems and when i call credit department they ask verification question i pass have passed 3 different times and they say they will refresh my account and remove block but purchase'es using paypal credit don't work  here is the link to the open maintainance tickets www.paypal-notify.com

Login to Me Too

Paul_Banyai
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Credit died in 2016Smiley Sad

Until this year, I frequently used BillMeLater/Paypal Credit since 2010. I have not been able successfully process a single Paypal Credit purchase since the end of 2015. Paypal Credit still shows up as available when it is in fact not possible to actually use it at any website. We need someone to contact the creators of BillMeLater and tell them Paypal has dropped the ball (probably due to the split with Ebay) and we need them to bring their service back in some form.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.