PayPal Credit and Credit Bureau's

BiffBoom
Contributor
Contributor

Just trying to find out WHY PayPal Credit doesn't report to the Credit Bureau's.   I would think that that topic would be important enough to place in the FAQ.  Oh well.  Hope someone can explain.Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

bloodsagat
Contributor
Contributor

EXAC....TLY... I read the comments on here and was amazed..... It's so selfish that people would be willing to destroy something so good for their own personal satisfaction. The fact that Paypal Credit doesn't report to the credit Bureaus is a BLESSING! And Most people think so. Thats why this thread was as small as it was. 

Login to Me Too

Kempandrea
New Community Member

That's a great way to spin it.  Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Buddha8819

Just reading through some of the threads trying to educate myself on the world of Paypal and figured I'd chime in here....

Idk if something changed since this thread was started but my Paypal Credit is reported to the credit bureaus and always has been - I check it monthly and I really doubt they report it on mine and no one elses. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Which credit report?

What information does it show?  Just that you have the account, the available amount, current debt, or more?

Login to Me Too

Cb23
New Community Member
I've had PayPal for about 3 years and it has never reported on my credit report.
Login to Me Too

v_rae_cho
Contributor
Contributor

Curious - I've had my Paypal line of credit for a long time and so far they haven't reported to my credit bureaus.  Do you maybe have to have a certain amount of line of credit?  Maybe they only report if you are above a certain credit number?  I'm just curious if that's what it might be.  I am in that other percentage of wondering why it doesn't report to the credit bureaus 😞

Login to Me Too

Veronica-T
Contributor
Contributor

They do not report at all, ever. It doesn't matter how long you have the account; they do not report.

I have heard that you can make a special request for them to report, but they would only do it that one time. I do not know the process as this is just a rumor I heard and am now passing along. I believe I heard this in connection to wanting a good reference for something like a mortgage or car.

Has anyone else heard this rumor? I do not remember where I heard this.

Login to Me Too

MRollins
New Community Member

This is INCORRECT. I had a Charge Off from an account in 2014 that I forgot about and it was definitely reported to the credit bureaus as it is on my credit report as a charge off with a balance remaining.

It appears they only do not report GOOD standing accounts.

Login to Me Too

jonwigfall
New Community Member

Paypal will report if your account goes into collections. But they do not report if your account is in normal or good standing. Just like a phone bill, etc. No report unless it goes into collections

Login to Me Too

TWOODS1980
New Community Member

Ok so after they charge your account off for missing a  payments because they sent the bill to the wrong address and you forgot all about it what next? I called them to pay the amount due that was missed and they completely blew me off. Said sorry we sold your account as a charge off.... I havent heard from anyone about it and have no clue who to pay. Theres nothing on my credit report yet. I would definitely think they would tell you who has your account so you can pay it. Now Im going to have to pay the whole amount in full all because I over looked my min payment....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.