PayPal Credit Line is unused but tells me I have no credit left

yamahadunes
New Community Member

Have a 5000 credit line with 2400 balance.  When I look at the available credit, it states $0.00 why?  I have well of 2600 left in my credit line and have made no purchases at all in the last 6 months, payments only.  

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You no longer qualify for more credit.   I suspect it has to do with acitivity within your PayPal account or problems with your PayPal Credit account.  Your risk as increased and PayPal credit is dropping your ability to PPCl

Login to Me Too

Scottdog
Contributor
Contributor
How do i change credit to lower it so i can continue to use it
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Scottdog wrote:
How do i change credit to lower it so i can continue to use it

You cannot,only Paypal can

Login to Me Too

BDShults
New Community Member

Why try so hard to catch up late payments if the credit line is going to be cancelled?  Paid account over half and have zero credit available?  I certainly would not make this account a priority if this is the way they do business.  Everyone experiences a hiccup now and again, and PayPal just decides to withdraw the credit line with no notice or explanation? Once payment is made if the balance is below the credit line approved it should allow the available credit, late fees etc don't stop but they stop the credit? I am outraged. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is not like your traditional line of credit,what they give,they can take it away,easy come,easy go.

better apply for a bank loan or credit card line of credit.

It could come back,Paypal reviews its own finances and decide ,all lenders do.

Login to Me Too

BobVInformed
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, but do you actually know what you are talking about? Credit from a bank is credit from a bank, subject to laws and agreements. Just because it s extended through Payal doesn't mean they can make up the rules as they go.

Just out of curiosity, does Volunteer Advisor mean "paorrot the company line" or is there actual thought given to replies?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@BobVInformed

PayPal uses a bank for PayPal Credit, but it is PayPal which has the account and PayPal which can determine who has access and according to PayPal's own security and risk model.  As @Whac-A-Mole stated, PayPal Credit is NOT like a regular credit card account and not like a credit account you establish yourself directly with a bank.

That's just the way it works.

If it doesn't fit your needs, then best you use a regular credit account which you establish directly with a bank.

Login to Me Too

BobVInformed
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

@BobVInformed

PayPal uses a bank for PayPal Credit, but it is PayPal which has the account and PayPal which can determine who has access and according to PayPal's own security and risk model.  As @Whac-A-Mole stated, PayPal Credit is NOT like a regular credit card account and not like a credit account you establish yourself directly with a bank.

That's just the way it works.

If it doesn't fit your needs, then best you use a regular credit account which you establish directly with a bank.

@DPCreations

you are missing the point entirely. Either you are such a fan of PP you don't care or you aren't reading the fine print. I suggest you go back and reread the agreements, if you can find a current one that isn't years out of date and referencing the wrong bank.

As for your and Sumiko's responses, simply saying "It is PayPal, that's the way it works" is a cheap cop out, as bad as PP CSRs themselves giving customers the run around. pPC and PP have an agreement they ate obligated to abide by, and a volunteer saying "if you don't like it then leave" is wrong on so many levels. It is almost as if you care more for the volume of responses here than the accuracy and quality of them.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@BobVInformed

The point is to state the way it works.

I have read the fine print many times.  I have used PayPal Credit also and it is a great product, but it isn't a program to used as a last resort for credit when you don't have an excellent credit and financial rating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.