PayPal Credit Card

chines35
New Community Member

I currently use Paypal Credit (previously Bill Me Later), but I was wondering if it was possible to change over to the PayPal Credit Card. It says that because I use Credit I can't apply for the card.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

SkyKing
New Community Member

two weeks ago I applied for and received a $2250 PayPal CREDIT line.  I have been UNABLE tyo use it for ANY amount.  For any vendor.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@chines35

PayPal only allows on type of credit service.  You can't have both PayPal Credit and PayPal MasterCard credit card.

Login to Me Too

SkyKing
New Community Member

I am not ta;lking about the CARD.  I appliecd for PayPal CREDIt, got a credit line and have been unable to use it for any amount due to PayPal's "system".  Yes, PayPal did verify my identity.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I know, @chines35 added an unrelated question and my response was to that.  I edited my comment now to direct it correctly.

As for PayPal Credit, it will be offered when PayPal considers it appropriate.  PayPal will not disclose it's risk and security models for determining when it will be offered.

Login to Me Too

SkyKing
New Community Member

An approved line of  credit us just that.  An approved line of credit.  Eitehr you have the available credit btheir system shows or you do not.  I have had a PayPal credit card sincxe they opened their doors.

Login to Me Too

npollard
New Community Member
I was also offered a line of credit and have attempted to use it at least 5 times in the last 24 hours...in addition contacted PayPal and talked to three people one manager who said they "over rode" saying to try it in a couple of hours...and two that said the "system" makes decisions and couldn't give me any actual reason as to why. Seriously? A line of credit to a customer with good credit should be used at my discretion NOT PayPal discretion.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you want a credit vehicle to use at your discretion, then use a credit card or equity line of credit.

PayPal Credit is not like traditional credit vehicles as it isn't available for all products and all purchases.  Risk is evaluated for each purchase and the option to use PayPal Credit will show when all conditions are met.

Login to Me Too

Badtag1
Contributor
Contributor

when making a payment for the Paypal credit, how long after will the payment take to show that it has been applied to the account and a new balance is showin ..

Login to Me Too

Badtag1
Contributor
Contributor

Also, when a refund is due back how long after will it take to show, for that refund to be applied to ones paypal credit ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.