PayPal Credit: Available credit gone, even though I haven't used it all.

I've only used a little bit of my PayPal credit that I received a few days ago and it was working fine until today. I should have over $1,000 to use but when I look at my available credit it says $0.00. So my question is what happened and how do I fix it?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

DNguyen52
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone find an answer yet? Cause two days ago I had a limit of 3k and today PayPal credit is completely gone from my account to the point where I can't find a trace of it at all.
Login to Me Too

KEGruber
Contributor
Contributor
None that I've seen. Every time I try to re apply for it, I get a error saying they cannot process my application at this time. Please try again.
Login to Me Too

DNguyen52
Contributor
Contributor
Well I called them and apparently they took it upon themselves to put a hold on my account. They didn't even bother to let me know as there was nothing in my email or in my resolution center. -.- they say they needed more info but how the heck can they get more info if they won't let me know smh
Login to Me Too

Gabby21
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal credit has been down also me for i have had this issue since Aug paypal been undergoing MASSIVE system maintainance task's which should of been closed and complete by now. The system it self isn't fully UP*PaymentGateway* that's why payments pend and everybody it having all these issue's. It's currently 5 service tickets open for maintaince every since this as happen paypal credit as not work system failure problem all across the NETWORK  i have had paypal credit for years and make purchase's before no problems and when i call credit department they ask verification question i pass have passed 3 different times and they say they will refresh my account and remove block but purchase'es using paypal credit don't work  here is the link to the open maintainance tickets www.paypal-notify.com

Login to Me Too

Jtlow
Contributor
Contributor
I had a similar thing happen. I was up to date on payments, my balance was only $200 out of a potential $3,700 that should have been availible. I contacted paypal through the phone number on the statement, and they helped me quickly and efficiently. My problem was I had the wrong adress on my credit card and the bills were being returned to paypal. When this happened they put a hold on my card. When I spoke to the representative he told me what happened, and it was just a matter of correcting the adress. Athe that point they just needed to reinstate my credit line. Hope this helps someone!
Login to Me Too

SundayMorning
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this exact problem. My payments are up to date and I am paying well over the minimum monthly payment to get my balance down (I am currently at a $680 balance on a $1500 credit line). I don't understand why I have $0.00 available credit. I have tried calling customer service, yet each of the 6 times I have called, the system  won't recognize my phone number/account number  and when it does recognize my information, the automated message states that they are not accepting calls at this time. I will keep trying to reach them and get things squared away, but I will likely end up closing my account once I have paid off my balance.

Login to Me Too

77Peppers
I am now going through this. For me it happened when I was making an eBay purchase and I changed the delivery address. Apparently its the result of trying to have my purchase sent to an unverified address. When I contacted CS they agreed thats what likely triggered this. Just waiting the 48-72 hours to see if they will reinstate my credit. I told them I agree to a soft pull on my credit and NOT a hard pull. We'll see what happens.
Login to Me Too

Sopro19
Contributor
Contributor
It's now 2018 same thing happening no email or explination. PayPal shouldn't mess with people's money like this even if it's credit and not really there money. Like I need to repair my car an now have to wait 2 days for my credit to unlock befor I can order parts... Not cool.
Login to Me Too

flex585
Contributor
Contributor

same thing here, like you've said. its 2018 they should've fixed this by now. my balance is waaaaay off.

Login to Me Too

jonnydenali

I have this same issue. I have about a thousand dollars that should be available, make all my payments on time, and suddenly my available credit just went to 0.00 for no reason. Did anyone ever get this resolved?

I wrote a note to customer service and got a canned automated response that was rather infuriating and insulting to my intelligence. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.