PayPal Credit: Available credit gone, even though I haven't used it all.

I've only used a little bit of my PayPal credit that I received a few days ago and it was working fine until today. I should have over $1,000 to use but when I look at my available credit it says $0.00. So my question is what happened and how do I fix it?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

ShooterMC
Contributor
Contributor
Having similar issues with my available credit as well. My total credit limit on my paypal credit account is currently set at $500.01. My balance is currently saying that it is at $383.74. Yet my available credit says that I have $0.00. Also over the past week I had begun the week with an available credit of $35.02. I then made a payment of $164.98 to bring me up to an even $200.00. Now a day or so after my available credit amount on the PayPal app read that I had $200.00 available to use, a charge to Apple would then be made by myself in the amount of $83.74. That would traditonally speaking leave me with a remainder of $116.27 available credit left over after the fact, correct? Welp not this time. After that $83.74 charge took place my remaining available credit was now set at $0.00. I have looked high and low attempting to track down where I this could have possibly wound up disappearing to as something that could have been some kind of major oversight made on my own part, yet I still have managed to find zero evidence of a paper trail which could explain this money's disappearance as being something which had been merely the result of my own simply loosing track of things for a little bit, rather than what it is appearing more and more likely to really be, which is a major error on the part of PayPal somewhere. Breakdown of the above facts and figures: A). What basic arithmatic claims to be an accurate mathematical equation: 383.74 (my currently listed balance) +116.27 (what I feel that my current available credit ought to be at) =500.01 (my current total credit limit) B). What PayPal claims to be an accurate mathematical equation: 500.01 (my current total credit limit) -383.74 (my currently listed balance) =. 0.00 (what PayPal says my current available credit really is)
Login to Me Too

leoxurious
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem.. I should have atleast $1200 credit available to use out of $1500 i was approved for. But my available credit shows $0.00 .. I used to show the correct availbe credit before now.. i can see alot of people having the same issue.. PAYPAL needs to say something.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you call PayPal Credit for an explanation?  The number is on the monthly statement.

Login to Me Too

SouthernSeth
New Community Member

Having the same problem currently

Login to Me Too

stekng1fan
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem here; I paid off my account in full last month and should have an available balance of $3500. Instead, my available balance is still listed as it was before the payoff - $19. It's stressing me out since the money has come out of my checking account and it shows as posted on PayPal but didn't open up my available credit. It's a little encouraging to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem but since there's no explanation yet I guess I'll call them today to see what's going on. On the upside, my account does show a zero balance due so the payment is reflected correctly.

Login to Me Too

KEGruber
Contributor
Contributor
Has this been given an explanation yet? I just tried to use my PayPal credit today and realized I no longer have access to it for some unknown reason.
Login to Me Too

Laemasters5

HAS ANYONE FOUND OUT ANY INFO YET OF WHY THIS IS HAPPENING.?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Everyone has a different credit score.  Everyone has different financial situation.  Everyone has different income amounts.  Everyone has different security risks.

You will need to phone PayPal customer service and ask about your specific finacial situation.

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.  Make sure you reach PayPal Credit service. 

Login to Me Too

@DPCreations wrote:

Everyone has a different credit score.  Everyone has different financial situation.  Everyone has different income amounts.  Everyone has different security risks.

You will need to phone PayPal customer service and ask about your specific finacial situation.

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.  Make sure you reach PayPal Credit service. 

I highly doubt it has anything to do with your credit score or change in situation. Just logged on to find my $5,500 limit now saying I have $0 available and ive only spent about 70 bucks and can safely say that my credit score is still over 800, I'm looking at it now. My financial situation hasnt changed nor has my account ever had even so much as a soft limit, let alone any behaviour worthy of a 'security risk' Most likely another 'PayPal system issue' which really means their oversensitive algo bots didnt like it when you changed your email address lol , I will call tomorrow and post back my findings.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.