PayPal Cash Load at the Register Lost My Money?!!

Whereismy500
I used the PayPal Cash Load at the Register service at a local Rite Aid for the first time on Tuesday. I let the cashier scan the barcode I generated by using the PayPal App and handed her my $500 cash to be loaded onto my account, which PayPal claims will be available in 15 minutes! When the transaction was completed i took my receipt and went home. From then on I checked my PayPal account every 30 minutes and NOTHING WAS ADDED! I did receive a confirmation email from PayPal that says "you have increased your account balance...blah blah added $500". I tried calling PayPal, PayPal Cash and I went to the local Rite Aid, NONE OF THEM HAD ANY IDEA ABOUT MY $500! The PayPal representative even said things such as "we have no knowledge about PayPal at the register", What The **bleep**???? Now it has been more than 48 hours since I loaded my money, my account balance is still not updated. Does anyone here on the forum have any insights as to what might have happened? Have you been in the same situation? I need help and thanks for any helpful comments.
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Better march right back up to Rite Aid and present receipt for refund. Show them your ID and name on account so they know the PP account is you, show phone screen that lists transactions, point out the date on the receipt and show them so they can see for themselves that there is no corresponding transaction with same date.

Frankly I don't trust doing it over mobile.  I'd get the card, pay the cash, the store scans the card, then go to site to register card and it's done as that seemed pretty easy than generating a code through the app.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@sharpiemarker

Frankly I don't trust doing it over mobile.  I'd get the card, pay the cash, the store scans the card, then go to site to register card and it's done as that seemed pretty easy than generating a code through the app.  

--------------------------------------------------

Sharpie,

They have already bought the card and signed up with Prepaid PAYPAL MC debit card,they are trying to add money to an existing account,not buying a new card.

--------------------- 

Login to Me Too

Jaenuwine
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to get your funds posted on your account? I added $500 at CVS using the barcode via PayPal Cash on 10/31 and it's still not posted after 2 weeks. I've called Paypal numerous times and they keep telling me they are performing a "trace request". THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Login to Me Too

wyatt0341
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing just happened to me on 11/10/16. I used the barcode to load $500 into my account but it never made it to my account. Have you been able to resolve your issue? They keep giving me the run around transferring me to different people. I had to fax a copy of my receipt to them and I was told my money would be in my account in 24 - 48 hours. It has been over 48 hours and still nothing.
Login to Me Too

Jaenuwine
Contributor
Contributor

I loaded my money on 10/31 and it's now 11/14 with no money... The 24 - 48 hrs time frame is only for the initial phase prior to the issue being escalated. My issue is suposedly in a "invetigation" phase and there is no time frame given. I've talked to a supervisor and her manager, they told me just to wait for the investigation to complete. Call Paypal to confirm they have your receipt. Also, try to get the issue escalated to the investigation team right away. I also complained to greendot via Twitter and they are supposedly gonna contact me via phone tomorrow. At least I'm not alone in this. Let's keep each other up to date. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

wyatt0341
Contributor
Contributor
Did you hear from Green Dot today?
Login to Me Too

Jaenuwine
Contributor
Contributor

Nope. I just left another tweet on their main page. This really sucks.

Login to Me Too

wyatt0341
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money? I was surprised I got a email today saying my money had been added to my PayPal account and when I pulled my account up it was there.
Login to Me Too

Jaenuwine
Contributor
Contributor
I just got it too. They blamed it on some setting in my account but I can't find the setting they are talking about. So ridiculous. At least we got our money back but Paypal needs to get its act together!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.