PayPal Cash Load at the Register Lost My Money?!!

Whereismy500
I used the PayPal Cash Load at the Register service at a local Rite Aid for the first time on Tuesday. I let the cashier scan the barcode I generated by using the PayPal App and handed her my $500 cash to be loaded onto my account, which PayPal claims will be available in 15 minutes! When the transaction was completed i took my receipt and went home. From then on I checked my PayPal account every 30 minutes and NOTHING WAS ADDED! I did receive a confirmation email from PayPal that says "you have increased your account balance...blah blah added $500". I tried calling PayPal, PayPal Cash and I went to the local Rite Aid, NONE OF THEM HAD ANY IDEA ABOUT MY $500! The PayPal representative even said things such as "we have no knowledge about PayPal at the register", What The **bleep**???? Now it has been more than 48 hours since I loaded my money, my account balance is still not updated. Does anyone here on the forum have any insights as to what might have happened? Have you been in the same situation? I need help and thanks for any helpful comments.
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Hawaii8
I just had the same issue yesterday. $500 deposited at CVS using the app and 12 hours later, monies were still missing. I finally called PayPal and they resolved the situation in minutes. Apparently the PayPal email need to be verified before the money cab be transferred. Makes sense, as I had not done that. The representative was very knowledgeable. Hope this helps someone.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.