PayPal Cash Load at the Register Lost My Money?!!

Whereismy500
I used the PayPal Cash Load at the Register service at a local Rite Aid for the first time on Tuesday. I let the cashier scan the barcode I generated by using the PayPal App and handed her my $500 cash to be loaded onto my account, which PayPal claims will be available in 15 minutes! When the transaction was completed i took my receipt and went home. From then on I checked my PayPal account every 30 minutes and NOTHING WAS ADDED! I did receive a confirmation email from PayPal that says "you have increased your account balance...blah blah added $500". I tried calling PayPal, PayPal Cash and I went to the local Rite Aid, NONE OF THEM HAD ANY IDEA ABOUT MY $500! The PayPal representative even said things such as "we have no knowledge about PayPal at the register", What The **bleep**???? Now it has been more than 48 hours since I loaded my money, my account balance is still not updated. Does anyone here on the forum have any insights as to what might have happened? Have you been in the same situation? I need help and thanks for any helpful comments.
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Sieralei2
Contributor
Contributor
How were you able to get your money back? I just had this same issue but I never even received a confirmation email ...
Login to Me Too

Starkweather
New Community Member
I also never received an email confirmation. Did your money ever appear?
Login to Me Too

wavethon
Contributor
Contributor

Me too ! one week now and still can't get my money ! What a scam

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

IF THIS is the prepaid MC debit card,and the fund is held with bankcorp bank ,have you tried going to its website and check y our account?

I assume you have linked the card with your Paypal account?

These APPs are not reliable ,see if there is another way to add money,I think Bankcorp bank has physical branches where you can walk in and make deposits or take a different approach,deposit to your bank account which is linked to Paypal and transfer it to paypal and then transfer it to your prepaid card,do it all without using the APP.

GO TO THE WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS.  

Login to Me Too

Madmama
Contributor
Contributor
I am having this same problem. I used the barcode for at the register cash to deposit $500 into my PayPal account so I can pay my car payment and insurance on 3/10/17. I've called them numerous times, been on hold for hours! Transferred to the wrong people, only to be told there is a glitch in the system and that my money will be there within 24-48 hours. It's been 48 hours! Where is my money? What do I need to do to get my money? I am so frustrated!!!!!
Login to Me Too

lala0726
Contributor
Contributor
The "glitch" response from PayPal is questionable...it was insanely hard for me to find a customer service person that accurately understood what my problem was - none of them seemed to be familiar with adding money through the barcode. You should call them again and make sure it actually IS a glitch and you won't be required to upload a pic of your receipt...because that process takes about A WEEK for them to verify. If that's the case I'd recommend contacting GreenDot through their Twitter account - just send them a direct message and explain the situation. They respond back very fast. They'll have you email a pic of your receipt. That's what I did and I feel like it helped move the process along. PayPal customer service messaged me through the messaging center so I was communicating back and forth with them while I was waiting so you should do that too if they end up sending you a message - those reps seem to be much more knowledgeable. It was a very frustrating experience. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Madmama
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! Since Friday, I've called 3 times, spent hours on hold, transferred to multiple departments and still being told the same thing. I even emailed PayPal and green dot through their contact us pages. PayPal wrote back responding as if I was trying to transfer funds from my PayPal to my bank. I explained it in detail! They don't seem to understand anything. I'm being told on the phone that multiple people have called with the same complaint and that they are working on a resolution and to give them 48 hours. It's been well over 48 hours and I want my money!! I'm a single mom and can't afford to just give away $500! Green dot emailed me back finally this evening. They had me send them an email with all the information and a copy of the receipt. I sent it off right away. Hoping to have some answers asap!!
Login to Me Too

wavethon
Contributor
Contributor

Lost my money too

Login to Me Too

mfladd

Are you kidding? I am starting to question my stock choices. Wow.

Login to Me Too

hefman
New Community Member

Same issue here, but I actually purchased a PayPal cash card. My $500 is now stuck in limbo while my "case" gets investigated. You would think an innovative company like PayPal would have a more seamless way to add cash to my account. I guess not.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.