PayPal Cannot complete transaction.

JimMM1

New PayPal customer here, it's my first time using your services and I figured why not apply for PayPal credit. My intital credit line is $3000, I made an eBay purcahse, and there is $2200 left. I have a small home photography business and need a new camera, and want to use my credit line to make a purchase at Best Buy that takes PayPal. I called and the girl on the phone said on the back end of things it was being declind, the email I got from the credit department confirmed it. 

"

We're sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with any of your transactions. At this time we have no record of any failed purchase attempts on your PayPal Credit account, so we consulted with PayPal and confirmed that PayPal declined your most recent attempts before they were even sent to PayPal Credit for approval. 

To clarify, there is nothing wrong with your account. Going forward, please keep in mind that PayPal Credit may not be offered for every PayPal transaction. Not every online merchant accepts PayPal Credit, and PayPal reserves the right to restrict your ability to use your credit line depending on the circumstances of each transaction. It's simply that at this time, the system is not allowing your transaction to go through using your PayPal Credit account. "

Why is it not going through? For a first experience this is frustrating as all heck.  The girl on the phone told me just keep trying, it will go through. I've tried easily 2 dozen times and it hasn't. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

JimMM1

@PayPal_Olivia, I see you post often, I don't suppose you  know the answer to this? I need my item today, and I'm thinking I'll just be paying cash... 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal credit is rather illusive,you get approved easily but it is not always avaialble.

My guess is that since you are new and you have already used it to buy something,you may have to wait until you  pay off your first purchase .

it is not like the bank or cc credit,if it is not seen on the order screen,then it is not available.

try it after you make your payment

Login to Me Too

JimMM1

That just sounds like a pain in the rear. The part that gets me is PayPal Creidt told me go ahead, use it.   PayPal itself is like "Nope, you cant." 

Login to Me Too

JimMM1

This is what happens when I try a lesser amount as the girl recommended, on Ebay.  $5.00 flashlight gets declined.This is what happens when I try a lesser amount as the girl recommended, on Ebay. $5.00 flashlight gets declined.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.