PayPal Business Debt Card Decline

JarrodASmith
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I recently set up a PayPal Business account and I have my PayPal Business Debit Card activated and I want to start earning 1% cash back by using it for purchases and having it deduct the money from my backup payment method rather than loading funds to my PayPal balance. I've already verified the account and set it as the backup method but I am still getting declined while trying to use it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it has something to do with the gateway they use,it could also be a glitch,why not move the fund from bank to paypal and try again.

Login to Me Too

BobVInformed
Contributor
Contributor

The whole point of having the Business Debit card is to be able to make purchases without having to pre transfer money to paypal. That is why they say that debit card and bank accounts can be linked and used for purchases...although they clearly don't actually follow through on this.

They also claim to only be a payment cssor, not a bank, but they surw love to hold on to your money - without paying you any of the interest they are earning on it, of course. If Visa or MC operated like this they would be out of business in less than a year.

Login to Me Too

JarrodASmith
Contributor
Contributor

I called Paypal and they said to "prove trust" into the funding account that I should do a manual transfer. The money left my funding account the same day and STILL has not posted to my Paypal -_- I think I might use the American Express Serve card that also gets 1% cash back. I thought this would make sense because I would already be spending the money why not earn cash back but I can't wait a week to load and then pay bills or make purchases. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 2.43.43 PM.png

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

transfer money from bank to your Paypal account can take 3-5 days,Paypal uses the slowest yet free ACH transfer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.