PayPal App notifications stopped working after getting a new iphone 7 plus

nikony13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i just got a new iphone 7 plus, installed paypal app and i can't get notifications to work. when i am trying to access notifications on app it says "We're sorry We could not complete your action for the moment. My old iphone 6s works fine and i can get notifications without any problems.

Thank you

IMG_0876.PNG

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

BikerBloke
New Community Member
Tried it still no good, I've got an iPhone 6 been working fine (still does!) my new iPhone 7 will not receive notifications, I also get the same error message when trying to go into PayPal notification settings, "we're sorry that action couldn't be completed at this time" it's seems to be an issue with the iPhone 7's hopefully the guys at PayPal are on it!
Login to Me Too

neilpride

The same problem with my iPhone 7 128gb. On the previous iPhone 5s the notification service worked fine.

What I have tried:

1) Reinstalling the app

2) Switching all settings to OFF, then ON.

3) Wipe my iPhone, and try to make it work on a clean iOS.

All the solutions were provided by Apple support, because Paypal support can't even diagnose the problem.

Paypal support said, that the programists have checked all once again - and everything seemed to work fine! And if I have experienced this problem with Paypal notifications - then it might be Apple problem... LOL

Also I've tried this:

4) Changing DNS servers in settings to Google public one: 8.8.8.8 (somebody wrote it helped).

So nothing worked for me since now. 

Any solutions?

Login to Me Too

nikony13
Contributor
Contributor

i submitted the technical ticket to paypal, and i got a reply 

Thank you for those details.

Unfortunately, the problem you're experiencing is being caused by some technical issues with the PayPal system. Our engineers are currently working diligently on a solution to this problem. I am going to assign this ticket to our internal engineering ticket so that when the problem is resolved, you will be notified of its completion right away.

This ticket will remain in a "Pending Fix" status until you're contacted about the resolution.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Sincerely,

Tiffany
Global Technical Support
PayPal
Login to Me Too

byrnesoft
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Tiffany, 

Fingers crossed that PayPal fix this. 

Login to Me Too

KevinS131
New Community Member

Notifications and emails not being received. 

Login to Me Too

Cage9090
Contributor
Contributor
I visit here from time to time hoping it's fixed only to find out more are experiencing the problem PayPal please fix this it's driving me up the walls I like to know when I'm getting paid!!!
Login to Me Too

oyst3r

logged into old phone - disabled all notification settings - powered down old phone - deleted app on new phone and reloaded app - AND STILL GETTING THAT MESSAGE ! - 40 mins on phone w PP  - process above repeated -  NO AVAIL - extremely frustrating - have you gotten anywhere since posting this? - ? X

Login to Me Too

Riyazmn
New Community Member
Until it solve better to use Your Email push notifications, whenever your email registered paypal get payment the email will get push notifications
Login to Me Too

hestorltd
Contributor
Contributor
Email notification is good when it works, I can have a user buy wifi and its creates the account etc without any issue but I got no push notification but then the emails can take about 3hrs before they come through, I wish I could use another payment gateway 😞
Login to Me Too

Anode
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with a iPhone 7PLUS !!!

When Paypal will fix this bug ??

Anode

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.