PayPal App notifications stopped working after getting a new iphone 7 plus

nikony13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i just got a new iphone 7 plus, installed paypal app and i can't get notifications to work. when i am trying to access notifications on app it says "We're sorry We could not complete your action for the moment. My old iphone 6s works fine and i can get notifications without any problems.

Thank you

IMG_0876.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

nikony13
Contributor
Contributor

just updated the app to 6.9.0 and the problem is finally fixed

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

mike126
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem after switching from iPhone 6 to 6s. Can't seem to find any answers as to why. Very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

nikony13
Contributor
Contributor

@mike126 wrote:

I'm having the same problem after switching from iPhone 6 to 6s. Can't seem to find any answers as to why. Very frustrating.

paypal can't help either, contacted them even via facebook, they have no idea why. asked me to submit a technical ticket. Few updates has been released for the app, still not fixed.

Login to Me Too

Cage9090
Contributor
Contributor
Did it ever work for you? My 7plus still isn't working with notifacions but my 6plus worked fine. I get same error message as you.
Login to Me Too

hestorltd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

has anybody been able to get this working yet?

when i go into the notifications in setting i get the error also

ive got a new iPhone 7 iOS 10.2

was working fine on my other iPhone 6s 10.1.2

Regards

Dave

Login to Me Too

Tony1984
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Same problem for me too...

Iphone 7 and IOS 10.2, no push notification, same error message...

When i log my account to an iPhone 5, i can access the notification menu

Login to Me Too

Cage9090
Contributor
Contributor
Hmm atleast I'm not alone. I keep waiting for a new software update but each one doesn't fix it. Hoping it will get resolved soon again I didn't have no problems when using 6 Plus
Login to Me Too

byrnesoft
Contributor
Contributor
I am having the same problem. I deleted the app and installed with no luck. Still getting that message. Anyone found a fix for this yet?
Login to Me Too

jamiem1987
New Community Member
Exactly the same for me on iphone 7 plus i see the same we're sorry error. Please fix this asap its getting annoying.
Login to Me Too

hestorltd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

this is a long shot of a request for others to try and see if it works for me

this notification issue seems to be IF the USER has a NEW DEVICE/PHONE (again my opinion)

can someone get there OLD device, log into the paypal app on the OLD device, go into settings and DISABLE the notifications and then LOG OUT off the app on the OLD device

then on the NEW device, sign into the app again and try enabling notifications, does it work?

im wondering if paypal only lets you get notifications on one device? (IT WOULD SEEM SILLY TO ME)

i would try this myself but my old device is now my partners phone and has since been wiped and changed itunes acc, etc, so very hard for me try it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.