Pay pal credit

Terrylee48
Contributor
Contributor
Does any one else have problems making purchases with pay pal credit. Sonettimes it works great other time not one transaction will go thru for days. Any help would be appreciated. I've already checked details in account got overrides from customer service. Tia
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Never had a problem.  When the option is there is works.

If the option isn't presented, then it is avaiable for that purchase.

When you select the PayPal Credit option at time of purchase payment has it ever actually given you a problem?

Login to Me Too

TSI

YES. Go to consumeraffairs.com and read all the horror stories there.  I have a basically useless $5000 credit line. Every time I attempt to use it on priceline hotwire, etc it is denied, requiring a call to them. About half the time they are able to verify my idenity using questions from credit reports / public records, then do a reset of my account and it works. The other half of the time it is "Oh, sorry, nothing we can do".  This is unacceptable. I understand and appreciate security, but for them to not be able to over ride their computer system is a joke.  So essentially, I have a 5000 unusable credit line. I have heard every reason possible as to why this happens, ranging from "you shouldn't be making purchases that big" (um, it's none of their business what I buy, I should be able to use the entire credit line at once if I want! And these purchases are all less than 200.00!);  another reason is "your account is too new" (Which I understand, hence the verification of my identity, but it gets to a point where enough is enough);  another one I've heard is, "your physical location changes too often" (Hello, some people travel! Some people also use mobile hot spots for internet connection which may not accurately indicate their location!).   So no, you are not alone.  This is a joke of a product. Really, go check out the horror stories people have had with this.  For me, I got the PayPal credit because of the no payments/ no interest for 6 months .I am currently moving and wanted to have an extra credit line for hotels, etc. This is basically useless. When you can't rely on any financial service/product, it is not worth having (or taking a hit to your credit for the inquiry).

Login to Me Too

Terrylee48
Contributor
Contributor
Yes that's exactly what happens I've verified my identity so many times its ridiculas
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PAYPAL CREDIT is not like your traditional bank or credit card line of credit,once approved,you can use it to your heart's content.

It depends on you and on Paypal as well,it could have a limit on how much it wants to extend that day,dont forget you are not the only one who is granted a credit line,it also could check to see how you have been doing with your other credit /spending!

Also is PAYPAL CREDIT only available for online purchases?

not hotel bill,or meals in restaurants?

Login to Me Too

Terrylee48
Contributor
Contributor
It even states you can use it for travel. Hotels.com
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can find the full PayPal Credit agreement here:

http://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/ppcredit-tnc

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Terrylee48 wrote:
It even states you can use it for travel. Hotels.com

if so,then you will just have to try again,if it is available,you will see it offered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.