Pay after Delivery

Crohling1
Contributor
Contributor

I use pay after delivery option for payment whenever possible. I have never abused this option. At this moment I have about $40 out for pay after delivery.  I have had as much as $800. I do not understand why the option is not available all the time.  I call them and the form answer is the vendor may not accept this form of payment.  I talked to one vender and she's had never heard of it, yet I used it to purchase from her. So that's not is.  There are are 2 vendors I use that have had the option for a very long time.  I can't use it with them.  This is really the only thing I don't like about paypal.  It's really frustrating.  I have to budget like most so when there is a sale I generally can't take advantage of it but with pay after delivery I can.  I just budget that amount into the next pay period.  Sometimes the item I'm looking at is the only one left.  I can't get it because suddenling pay after delivery is not available.  I have the option checked as my preferred method.  The form answer is not true so what is the real reason.  One told me you have to the money in the bank to take advantage of it.  Well if that were the case why use it? I've used it when I only had $5 in the bank.  I what the option available to me.  Set a dollar limit and I'm good to go.  

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

seller always get paid by Paypal when buyer is offered PAD,but it seems that Paypal is tightening its credit policy.

You are playing a dangerous game,$5 in your account,with one hiccup,you could be eating multiple NSF and your furture PAD privilege would be suspended .,

Login to Me Too

Crohling1
Contributor
Contributor
Sumiko who are you addressing your answer to, it appears to be at the end of my message but your answer has nothing to do with my question. Who's playing a dangerous game and eating multiple NSF, etc. I'm new on this forum so just trying to understand.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Crohling1

There are various explanations one can give as to why PAD is not available or why it is no longer available.  They are only explanations based on various comments by previous users of PAD and then speculation as to how PAD may increase some risk for PayPal.  An analysis of which party holds the funds and when funds are released to seller could give some insight about the risk.

So analyze what might happen and come up with your own conclusions.

PayPal will not disclose and reasons for PAD option; that would part of the PayPal security and risk model.

None of explanations really matter on a practical level, however.  If PAD not avaialble, then you can't use it.  When PAD is offered then you can use it.  You cannot predict when it will be offered, nor can anyone else.

You had a long story and I don't really know what you had as specific question.

Login to Me Too

Crohling1
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the long story, I thought this way more than just a question and answer forum, I thought it was more, not to worry, no more long or short stories.  Like most responses, those that respond read what they want, analysis the way they want and answer from that.  Example I said nothing about NSF's or $5 in my account but you did. You must have pulled that out of your hat.  It would be nice if Paypal just said PAD no longer available until further notice.  My life doesn't revolve around this option You are a scarcastic indiviual.   

@DPCreations wrote:

@Crohling1

There are various explanations one can give as to why PAD is not available or why it is no longer available.  They are only explanations based on various comments by previous users of PAD and then speculation as to how PAD may increase some risk for PayPal.  An analysis of which party holds the funds and when funds are released to seller could give some insight about the risk.

So analyze what might happen and come up with your own conclusions.

PayPal will not disclose and reasons for PAD option; that would part of the PayPal security and risk model.

None of explanations really matter on a practical level, however.  If PAD not avaialble, then you can't use it.  When PAD is offered then you can use it.  You cannot predict when it will be offered, nor can anyone else.

You had a long story and I don't really know what you had as specific question.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Crohling1

Well, my results show that I have lot more respect than your simple 4 posts with complaints.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Crohling1 wrote:
Sumiko who are you addressing your answer to, it appears to be at the end of my message but your answer has nothing to do with my question. Who's playing a dangerous game and eating multiple NSF, etc. I'm new on this forum so just trying to understand.

I am addressing your post saying you have used PAD when you have just $5 in your account.

When Paypal debits your bank account and there is not enough fund,banks usuall charge a NSF ranging from 45-55,Paypal will wait 2 days and try again,if there is not enough,your bank may charge another NSF,thats how some folks get burnt,they end up paying multiple NSF

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.