Pay Pal My Cash cards are Impossible to find.

SteveGordon
Contributor
Contributor

For 3 weeks now I have searched high and low at every dollar general, Cvs, you nane the retailer that carrys them they all say the same thing. (they are out of stock and are not sure when they will get any more) Some stores told me they have been out over a month what the Heck is going on PayPal???? Have you discontinued the cards????

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sharpie has posted how to in one of her posts here.

but if I remember,you go to your paypal account and state you want to add cash and it will generate a code for you to take to a store to add cash.

I dont use such service,you have to find her post or goto your account,maybe it is in Paypalwallet as one of the options

Login to Me Too

dskenyon
Contributor
Contributor
Yep, click "Add Money". Then you'll see PayPal CASH "Add Money at a Store". Choose one of the retailer options. Put in your cell number and they'll text you what to do, have them send your an email, or you can print a barcode. They give you a couple days to get to the retailer.
Login to Me Too

n_wright28
Contributor
Contributor
You can go to your PayPal app. Click on manage balance. Click on add money and there will be a pop-up menu. Click on add cash at a store. At this time there's only three retails available to do this. 7-Eleven, CVS pharmacy, Rite Aid. Select one of those retails. In the app it will generate a barcode. Bring the barcode and cash to the cashier at a retail store. The money will automatically add to your PayPal account in 15 minutes.
Login to Me Too

rotorhead27
New Community Member
1000 thanks n_wright28! I hit 17 stores (as I hang my head in shame) trying to find paypal cash cards. This could have saved me about 2hrs and $20 in gas. I can't wait to try it!
Login to Me Too

anm4444

1 - it confuses cashiers because they have to press buttons and they've never heard of the app. They have predetermined fields, and PayPal MyCash isn't one of them.  IT's processed by GreenDot I believe, but when the cashier chooses that option it rejects the funds.

Login to Me Too

Misfit3571
New Community Member

Bean counters who can now make money by charging $5 a month in fees for it's use...

Login to Me Too

ricks2524
Contributor
Contributor

I transfered a few bucks into the pre paid Mastercard and they charged me $4.95. Then I find that is a monthly charge  So I closed the account . I had to spend all the money first, because I could move it without a fee. then they charged me again for closing it

Login to Me Too

ricks2524
Contributor
Contributor

That Paypal Prepaid Mastercard is a rip-off.  Beware check all the fine print

Login to Me Too

anm4444

Actually my local RIte-Aid had TONS of them in stock and they were no longer processing them. So even if you find them, they're not supposed to do the transaction apparently

The next day they'd pulled them all from the shelf. Before this, I was a steady-user of the MyCash card.  Now -- All gone.  SAD!

Login to Me Too

abby17
Contributor
Contributor

It is horrible, I have the same problem. However, the green dot Moneypak is everywhere at $5.95. Is PayPal my cash and Moneypak from same company?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.