Pay Pal My Cash cards are Impossible to find.

SteveGordon
Contributor
Contributor

For 3 weeks now I have searched high and low at every dollar general, Cvs, you nane the retailer that carrys them they all say the same thing. (they are out of stock and are not sure when they will get any more) Some stores told me they have been out over a month what the Heck is going on PayPal???? Have you discontinued the cards????

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Doug_in_VA
New Community Member

I too could not find PayPal My Cash cards at any of my local stores that normally carry them.  A guy at CVS tried to get me to buy an eBay gift card instead, which he said would work the same way.  I was skeptical, so I went home and called PayPal.  The PayPal customer service lady that I spoke to said that they were discontinuing the My Cash cards.  If you can find a My Cash card at a participating retailer, you can still buy it and use it as you normally would.  But, she said, as stores run out of My Cash cards they will not be replenished.  The lady told me that they are steering PayPal'ers towards using the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

interesting,then they are promoting Paypal prepaid MC debit card,and you can link it to your Paypal account and move money back and forth,

Login to Me Too

DustyMF
New Community Member

@sumiko wrote:

interesting,then they are promoting Paypal prepaid MC debit card,and you can link it to your Paypal account and move money back and forth,

no you cannot move money back and forth  from the debit card to your paypal account. i got the debit card to do just that and when i couldnt transfer cash to paypal I contacted paypal and was informed it was not possible,

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DustyMF wrote:

@sumiko wrote:

no you cannot move money back and forth  from the debit card to your paypal account. i got the debit card to do just that and when i couldnt transfer cash to paypal I contacted paypal and was informed it was not possible,

soemone called Paypal and the rep told her Paypal is phasing out my cash card,whatever is out there,once they are gone,the retailers would not get any new cards from Paypal.

Paypal wants to promote Paypal prepaid MC debit card instead/

So thats what the card is supposed t o do,move from and to your Paypal account.

If you have bought the store card ,you need to register on its website and they wull send you a permanent one,then you can link the two.

Login to Me Too

Jodywan
New Community Member
It's July now and I bought a prepaid PayPal MC. Guess what? After 2+ hrs with customer service I found out that you can not transfer money back and forth between the two. Plus it's $3.95 to purchase the card, $4.95 to add money to the card plus another $4.95 per month to have it that they charge you the first time you use it. I put the amount I needed for an EBay purchase and when I tried to use it I was declined. I checked my balance and found out I was $4.95 short because of that charge. So first time users will get charge $8.90 the first time from a total of $3.95 + $4.95. I'm going to stick with Vanilla Visas from now on. Less trouble. I say less trouble because I had to go through a multi hour process to register a card from PayPal that doesn't do half of what the packaging claims it does.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DustyMF wrote:

@sumiko wrote:

which debit card are we talking about?

The Paypal business MC debit card or the Paypal prepaid MC debit card,both are MC.

Login to Me Too

Cpilato
New Community Member
So, if I understand correctly, that now there is no way to deposit money to your paypal account unless you link it to a bank card? That absolutely eliminates the peace of mind that if PayPal is hacked, at least they didn't get your bank info.  Who thought that this was a good idea???
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is a new way now,you go to your Paypal account and ask to add cash,it will give you a 4 digit code ,you download to your phone or print it out,go to a store and give them the code and your cash.

they are phasing out my cash cards,if you can find them,it would not work  

Login to Me Too

ARAYA90
New Community Member
What where and how do you do this? I do not have a bank account and wouldn't have any other way of putting money into my PayPal account otherwise. I depended HEAVILY on PayPal My Cash. So what's the alternative? Explain please.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.