Pay After Delivery not working

tea91

I have used Pay After Delivery for years... specifically on eBay. About a few months ago it just stopped working for me. My boyfriend can go to the same item to purchase and the Pay After Delivery option is there. I contact Paypal and they just tell me it's only available on some purchases. It's always worked for me for most of my Paypal purchases... Why would if just stop working for me but will work on my bf's account for the same items? Can't get no solution on how to fix it. It shows it activated under my primary payment method. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tea91

I wouldn't worry about it, it will no longer be offered after 28th of this month.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mizz_sunshine_6
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry but @kernowlass how is it that you know that it's being discontinued? Have you received that information from PayPal or is this yet another rumour? Because I've seen no statements or communications from PayPal saying that. I feel like that is something they would have to announce because it would affect a lot of people. I'm having the same problem as OP and getting increasingly frustrated with the way that PayPal are so inconsistent with offering PAD. It's practically a lottery at this point whether it's going to work or not. I used PAD for over £100 worth of stuff last month which was all paid for with no issues. My account is fine. It's been confirmed for years. But today? The option has just disappeared. It makes no sense.
Login to Me Too

DBlake
Contributor
Contributor
Just google pay after delivery ends and it will show. PayPal is notorious for not informing their customers of important things
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mizz_sunshine_6

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/pad-get-pay

We will not be accepting new Pay After Delivery users in the United States on or after January 8, 2018, and we anticipate discontinuing Pay After Delivery in the United States on or after February 28, 2018.

For users in the United States that have previously activated Pay After Delivery and have a linked bank account, eligible purchases will continue to be supported by Pay After Delivery until it is discontinued on or after February 28, 2018. Limitations Apply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Blessed13
New Community Member
I saw where it will be discontinued at the end of march but that's not the point, we would still like to be able to use it until then.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Blessed13

You can only use it when Paypal offer it and as they are stopping it soon I guess they are 'winding down' how many times they offer it maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.