PAYPAL CREDIT

brooksigns
New Community Member

I got PAYPAL CREDIT.

They gave me a reasonable credit limit but, when I try to purchase anything even much less than the limit PAYPAL denies my purchase.

What should I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Patiently wait until the option to use PayPal Credit pops up at time of purchase.  When all of the security and risk parameters deem the purchase acceptable you will have the offer.

PayPal Credit is not like a credit card; just because you have a PPC limit doesn't mean you can use it.

All you can now it keep your credit score above 800, maintain a sound financial statement, maintain a high available credit on your credit cards, and a stable income.  And no disputes with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

helpfulhero
Contributor
Contributor

Good news, you will be able to use your full credit line with time. If you were to call PayPal Credit customer service and speak with an agent regarding this issue, they will inform you that your issue is due to the system seeing your purchase attempts using PayPal Credit as a high(er) risk transaction for you, the seller, and/or PayPal. Your best bet would be to continue to use your PayPal account normally (other funding sources etc.) and also to attempt _SMALLER_ purchases using PayPal Credit, when you do attempt to use PayPal Credit. After building a larger history with PayPal (and PayPal Credit), you will see more success with larger and larger purchases using PayPal Credit.

Login to Me Too

TSI

"Just because you have a PPC limit doesn't mean you can use it."  Ah, hello?  Is this a joke?  I, like the OP, have been getting denials at every purchase. This is more than the PayPal Credit option not appearing. It is there, and selectable.  Every time I have to call PP and have them verify my identity; about half the time it will work after that. The rest of the time it's "Sorry, nothing we can do."  I appreciate security, but this is a joke. I have been given every explanation in the book as to why this happens.  The one I love the most is, "your account is too new."  Well, I have had another PP account for 20 years but because of your rule not allowing more than one "product" linked to each account, I had to open a new PP account to link the Credit line to.  Sorry, not a good enough excuse. The next reason I got was, "your physical location is changing too much". Well, some people travel for a living. Also, some people use VPNs or cellular hot spots for connecting to the internet, which may not reflect an actual location.  And the best one of all is, "you're trying to use too much of your credit line in one purchase". It was a $200 hotel room.

FYI, a Line of credit is approved based on your credit worthiness.  If you read the PP Credit FAQs, they do not check your credit for each purchase. So keeping your score above 800 is not necessarily required. (Plus, only 10% of the population achieves an 800+ score; average is 699).  If PPC approves me for a 5000 credit line, as they did, I should be able to use all 5000 in one purchase if I so desire. It is none of their dam* business what I use it for. 

This ordeal has been going on for a month now for me. PP Credit is a total joke.  I have had to call them 10 times, each call averaging 30 minutes. And no one can fix this.  This product is not worth the 2-point credit score hit you will get just for applying. It is also false advertisiing of a credit line and promotions, because it's impossible to use said credit line.  Bottom line, I appreciate security measures, but an agent or supervisor should be able to over ride the computer once ID verification is complete. It is not the job of anyone to police what i buy, where I buy it, or any of that. When you have good credit and they grant you a nice credit line with good promotions, you should be able to use it. Not have to get the run around with unacceptable answers as to why it's unable to be used.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.