Overpaid my Paypal Credit, now has a negative balance

Angela638x
Contributor
Contributor

I overpaid my Paypal Credit by $40. Now it shows a -$40 balance. Is there anyway to get that $40 refunded? Or will it just sit there until I use $40 worth of Credit? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal will refund any credit balance in excess of $1.00 to you as required by law.  If you maintain a PayPal account they will refund any credit balance directly to that account. I hazard a guess you may have to wait up to a couple billing cycles before that happens as typically that's how long credit cards take to mail you a check for overpayment.  And PayPal does not specify an ETA.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

spyke01
Contributor
Contributor

I also overpaid my Paypal credit.  Do we have to request the refund, or do they automatically do it?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They automatically do it if you do not use your PPC account for a couple billing cycles.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LarryBoyce
New Community Member

Mine got overpaid by 1500.00 and I just got off the phone with them and they said the only way I can get my money back is by a mailed check which will take 7 to 10 business days.  Amazing how fast they can move money electronically in a direction that makes them money, but make me wait 7 to 10 business days to get it back while it sits in their system earning interest and being used by them!  Oh, they did say I can use the overpayment immediately to pay for something.  Again, anything that makes them some money.  Between the eBay selling fees and the PayPal transaction fees I'm beginning to wonder...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.