No Access To Smart Connect, Now Bill Past Due Thanks Paypal

a--c
Contributor
Contributor

All of a sudden, last month when went to pay my PP SC payment due on 11/28 it's transfers to the Sycnhrony site and get the error message:

"Login Not Permitted

We're sorry. We have a problem with your account that needs to be fixed before we can restore your online access.

Please call us at 1-866-571-3102"

After about a half hour on the phone finally got transferred to someone who was supposed to be part of Sycnhrony with even worse English. They stated I simply wrote the number down wrong and called the wrong number since the number given by Sycnchrony was actually an ad line for real estate, car insurance, adult dating, and some other garbage. Clearly the rep was cluless. Called the number above, that they gave. First stated my account was "blocked" but didn't know why, then another rep stated no it wasn't blocked and they were having a glitch, but didn't know why. I'm sure late fees are tallying up but I can assure anyone reading this, I will not pay one single late fee. The money for the payment is setting in my PP acct, of course PP claims they have no access to that (really?) but can make a payment over the phone for a mere $10, yeah unjust enrichment much? Smart Connect has been a joke from day one. Have almost $500 in "avail credit" but haven't been able to use it for over a year and they don't know why. No one seems to know anyting about Smart Connect at Paypal, and now since Synchrony has their hands in it, it's worse. No one at PP seems to know why I don't have access to my Smart Connect and that's fishy. Maybe if could actually speak to someone in the US?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

eristoddle
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too. I got an email even that told me to pay my bill and when I got there, I couldn't find where to go. I wonder how many users get a late fee this month and what that can stack up to. $30 late charge on say 100,000 users is about 3 million dollars. Quite the little bonus. And yet no one here answers any questions about it.

Login to Me Too

lebshiff21
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me also.  Did you just stay on the line with all of those ads to get to the Synchrony person? 

Login to Me Too

lebshiff21
Contributor
Contributor

I figured it out - it's a typo on the "Login not permitted" screen.  The number should be 1-866-571-3012.  Got me straight to a representative.

Login to Me Too

kalidkover
New Community Member

This is happening to me also. Did you just stay on the line with all of those ads to get to the Synchrony person?

I have not permission!

Please help me!

Login to Me Too

CharlesJAX
New Community Member

Thank you! I went to smart connect web-site and made payment, then clicked on "Contact Us" which provided 866-571-3102. I called the number and spent 15 min going through prompts (selling things from DIRECTV, T-Mobile, and apparently won a cruise trip as well). Plus many other offers and before line ends another computer voice advise # changed and provides a new number to dial and it’s another promotional line to sell you things. So, I doubled checked their web-site and YES, # is correct 866-571-3102, try it again and it’s the same selling prompts. So, I googled Synchrony to obtain their banking number and a rep provided me with PayPal division for smart connect # and even forwarded the call as well. Finally, a LIVE rep! I explained what happened, although pleasant only advised she would pass along my complaint. I decided to google the # ending 3102 and it brought me to this site which I found your comment about the # being a typo at the log-in prompt. Unbelievable! It’s March and it’s still listed incorrectly. I dialed the correct number you provided and sure enough, PayPal rep. I asked for on-line tech support, and a rep kept asking for my account number. She wouldn’t stop and refused to listen or help. I gave up.

Login to Me Too

soothaa
New Community Member

So I owe money on this account and cannot make a payment. How did you guys get this resolved? I have called their number FOUR times and was told it would be fixed within 48-72 hours each time!

Login to Me Too

JBSsr
New Community Member

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!     

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.