New Paypal Here Chip/Swipe Reader Problem

Diver4242
Contributor
Contributor

I received, fully charged, and set up my new chip and swipe reader, downloaded the Paypal Here app on my android Google Pixel phone and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet(wifi only), made sure both had a good internet connection (and cell with the phone) and knew my location via google maps. I tried to enter in a test transaction of $1 and pressed the Charge button, then inserted a chip card. It told me to swipe instead, then failed with "Transaction Cancelled Unable to Process Payment" then Declined. It does the same thing whether I'm using the phone or the tablet.

Am I doing something wrong? I made sure the app is up to date also. I didn't receive a phone-jack swipe reader yet, do I need to do that first when I get it to initialize the account? I made sure all my business info is on the website also. Frustrated and glad I decided to try it in a test before trying to sell stuff to my customers!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.