New PayPal Here Chip Reader Still Seller Protection Still Not Covered?

hijinksfun
New Community Member

So my business needs this new chip reader but, paying $80 for this PayPal Here device if business owners still do not get Seller Protection,makes this a difficult purchase. The lack of seller protection when using PayPal Here makes it difficult to do tradeshows and events on the road.  Why is my legitimate sale to a verified PayPal account holder not a qualified transaction.  Americans still do over 30% of sales in cash. No wonder.  We are forced to be encouraging our buyers to do just that.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You are correct, any sales using PayPal Here are not eligible for Seller Protection coverage however, there's also no Buyer Protection as items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought in a seller’s store location are ineligible under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program.   So basically this levels the playing field - both seller and buyer are on equal terms.   This info is direct from the User Agreement.

When you're selling online and the buyer either uses their PayPal Account or pays as a guest - it's a bit different as the buyer really does get the upper hand and even has 180 days to change their mind about a purchase.   Regardless of what policy the seller has in place for returns or refunds, PayPal's User Agreement Policy overrules the seller's policies.

So perhaps PayPal Here is not really that bad.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.