Mystery Reward

dschlemovitz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I recently registered for the Paypal Mystery Reward offering (spend more than $100 and receive a mystery reward of up to $100).  I then made a purchase of over $100 and the following day I received an e-mail from Paypal confirming my registration for the promotion.  However, I never received an e-mail confirming this payment was applied towards the promotion.  I also have been receiving an email nearly every day saying "Spend now before it's too late!" This doesn't seem right to me and there's no way to see if my payment was applied to this promotion.  I called PayPal and they informed me that there's no way on their end to check this and that I would receive these e-mails anyway (which seems nonsensical).  Is anybody else having this issue?

-Dan

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharon62
New Community Member

I received the email and made the $100 purchase, also.  I didn't receive confirmation that I was entered and never received a reward.  Now Paypal is telling me that I merely entered a sweepstakes and that no reward was guaranteed.  

Did anyone receive their mystery reward??

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest you read the details of the offer.  "up to $100" means anything from $0.01 to $100 and could be interpreted to mean "no more than $100" and that includes zero.

Login to Me Too

FTS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

From the Terms and Conditions:

(1) Spend a minimum of $100 USD or more using your PayPal account anywhere in the U.S. that PayPal is accepted online;

2) Reward will be in the form of a balance that is automatically applied to your next purchase using PayPal. It cannot be withdrawn from your PayPal account like cash and it must be used no later than December 31, 2016. Rewards of $10, $15, $25 or $100 will be distributed randomly to Eligible Participants

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So it ended 31 December 2015. 

Login to Me Too

FTS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No, PayPal hasn't updated their promotional page yet (over a year late?)

Had to dig a bit, here's the offer from 2016:

• PayPal Holiday Mystery Rewards Offer (the “Offer”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on December 14, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 31, 2016 (the “Offer Period”). Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older, with a U.S. PayPal account in good standing, who are recipients of an email invitation from PayPal to participate in the Offer (“Eligible Participants”). Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted.
  • Limit one reward per person/PayPal account during the Offer Period.Reward will be in the form of a balance that is automatically applied to your next purchase using PayPal and will be awarded no later than January 20, 2017.
  • Eligible Participants will receive a reward of $5, $10, $15 or $100 USD (the “reward”) that will be applied to their next purchase using PayPal when they participate in the Offer during the Offer Period in one of the two (2) ways stated below:
  • (1) Spend a minimum of $100 USD or more during the Offer Period using your PayPal account anywhere in the U.S. that PayPal is accepted online; or

(2) Hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address (associated with your PayPal account) and daytime telephone number on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: PayPal Mystery Rewards Offer, P. O. Box 706, Plainview, NY 11803-0706. Mail-in requests must be postmarked by December 31, 2016 and received by January 6, 2017 in order to be eligible.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.