My boss wants to use Paypal to issue Paychecks is this possible?

kuhawks69
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently working at a hospital and they want to start using paypal to issue everyone paychecks. I have an account setup and  already have my bank acount authorized. My question is well i be able to transfer the full amount to my bank? Would getting a type of Paypal creditcard that will allow me to use the balance sent from employer?  Trying to understand how I can get my paycheck to my bank or be able to use the funds sent by employer. Fund will be greated then 3500 every two weeks. Any help would be great. 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kuhawks69
Contributor
Contributor

Well they were. But due to healthcare costs and people no paying medical bills  they are neededing to cut back and clear their balance sheet. They have already laid off 976 employees within the their Hospital system. They even went as far as telling employees that we will not be able to cover families on the employer healthcare due to costs. So now many of us have to look outside our employer to cover family. Even more money that we have to spend. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kuhawks69 wrote:

Well they were. But due to healthcare costs and people no paying medical bills  they are neededing to cut back and clear their balance sheet. They have already laid off 976 employees within the their Hospital system. They even went as far as telling employees that we will not be able to cover families on the employer healthcare due to costs. So now many of us have to look outside our employer to cover family. Even more money that we have to spend. 

is this another OBAMACARE casualty?

Warning on the Paypal business debit card,many of us have problems using that card in supermarkets,retail stores.

Some think it is because there is not enough in your paypal account and bank back up is not accepted,but this is not so.

Sometimes I have plenty of money in my account and yet it was declined,yesterday I paid my dental bill with the card and there is zero money in my account and it went thru.

It could be a technical glitch   or it could be Halloween come early,if you must use the card and it aint working for you,it could be frustrating so always have some backup,transfer some fund into your bank account and use your bank card instead.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kuhawks69

There is something really strange about the explanation.

Do you get a weekly or monthly statement of money withheld for taxes, social security, and medicare when you get money?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@DPCreations wrote:

@kuhawks69

There is something really strange about the explanation.

Do you get a weekly or monthly statement of money withheld for taxes, social security, and medicare when you get money?

good point,how does the 'hospital' keep track of SS,local,state and Federal taxes?

Also they cant send it using friend and family,so now the recipient has to pay 30 cents transaction fee plus 2.9% discount fee,makes no sense at all.

Also why would a 'hospital' use Paypal?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Using PayPal to disperse salaries is a BAD idea, imo.  Subject to problems that already often plague payments here.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kuhawks69
Contributor
Contributor

asking the wrong person for that question. I'm not the CFO of the Hospital. We, I, was told that I would get the same paycheck stubs as I have been getting for the last 13 years.  So we will see. They have 13 hospitals with 34 standing ER locations and about 89,000 employees so i'm sure  them  trying not to pay taxes and social security would go noticed. 

They were with ADP and according to my  little bird in HR the contract was running them about half a million a month.  I'll update you all and let you all know how it goes. Paypal said I have no restrictions on my account but I have read that some are having problems still forwarding all funds over 1,000 (monthly limit). So we sill see.. 

Thanks all for the help..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.