My account is limited?

brian501
Contributor
Contributor

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

• Oct 27, 2016: Before we can offer you certain products and services, federal regulations require that we collect specific information to verify your identity. This information includes your name, address, date of birth, and National Tax ID or Social Security Number. We haven't been able to verify your identity using the information you provided, so we need some additional documentation from you.

Until this issue is resolved, you'll be able to log in to your PayPal account but you might not be able to add money to it or use some of your account features.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-005-215-597-837.)

• Oct 21, 2016: We need a little bit more information about you to help confirm your identity

please help me!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

brian501
Contributor
Contributor

I highly doubted. My parents don't use paypal. They used to, but they never added their new credit card. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you opened your account, did you add a card, bank account and confirmed them before you made purchase?  What did you buy?  It is odd that you never opened an account before, open an account, made one purchase and got limited.

In the Resolution case, what did they ask for and what have you provided?

Proof of Identity:

Driver’s license
Passport
State or Government issued ID

Proof of Address:

Utility Bill
Bank Statement
Credit Card Statement

Proof of SSN:

Social Security Card
Tax Return Documents
W2
Paycheck Stubs

You may need to call up PayPal and tell them this is your first account and do not understand the account limitation.  It could be some overzealous security flagging by the system, getting it mixed up with some other account.

To call: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.