My account is limited?

brian501
Contributor
Contributor

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

• Oct 27, 2016: Before we can offer you certain products and services, federal regulations require that we collect specific information to verify your identity. This information includes your name, address, date of birth, and National Tax ID or Social Security Number. We haven't been able to verify your identity using the information you provided, so we need some additional documentation from you.

Until this issue is resolved, you'll be able to log in to your PayPal account but you might not be able to add money to it or use some of your account features.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-005-215-597-837.)

• Oct 21, 2016: We need a little bit more information about you to help confirm your identity

please help me!

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal needs more information from you,find out what they want and give it to them,we are not Paypal,we do not know who you are,where you are and why is Paypal asking for more information? 

Login to Me Too

brian501
Contributor
Contributor

I've contacted them but they never respond. Also, it does not tell me what they want. It only says they want more information. I cannot appeal or anything. Also, I did submit my information when I made an account and the day I bought something, the next day it got limited.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This case is opened in your resolution center.  Have you looked in there?

See this: 

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/topic/ACCOUNT_LIMITATIONS_US

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/PayPal’s-Customer-Identification-Program-(CIP)-and-its-be...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like Paypal does not want to do business with you.

Do you have an old Paypal account with negative balance/

or have an account restricted for whatever reasons ?

Or related to an organisation or third party which Paypal does not care to do business with?   

Login to Me Too

brian501
Contributor
Contributor

No, I do not have an old paypal account. I made it, send proof of my identity as it asked and the next day, my account got limited. This is the only paypal account that I've made.

Login to Me Too

brian501
Contributor
Contributor

by the way, how come it says, "This limitation cannot be appealed."

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@brian501 wrote:

by the way, how come it says, "This limitation cannot be appealed."

your account is closed,period.They dont want your business.

Login to Me Too

brian501
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the thing, why? Why don't they want my buisness when I made the account the day before, bought something the next day, and then got this message?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

do you think someone you know like in your family could have used your ID and open an account with PAYPAL and got restricted?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.