My PayPal Here card reader won't accept my amex - works fine with visa

ffjags
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to know if it's my amex card or all amex cards.

Is there a log file in the card reader that might explain what's wrong?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It just may be that particular card.  (Unfortunately there's no app accessible log files.)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It just may be that particular card.  (Unfortunately there's no app accessible log files.)

Login to Me Too

DigityDog
Contributor
Contributor

I think its actually not the card but rather the technology

@snowshoe wrote:

I too cant manually process any AMEX card with PayPal here

Can Paypal Here please advise

Login to Me Too

DigityDog
Contributor
Contributor

This is not solved.

If you manually try to process nay AMEX card without the card reader it doesnt work 

Login to Me Too

Babytovintage
Contributor
Contributor

Hi what phone are you using? I have been reading the Iphone 4S has issues with the triangle.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

iPhone 4 - can't speak for the 4s

Login to Me Too

ffjags
Contributor
Contributor

Resolved. It was an issue with the card itself. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

ffjags
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

My client is using Samsung GALAXY S4.

I hope it's just her Amex card.

Login to Me Too

SheroesEnt
New Community Member

Same issue! I've run in to this with two differnt clients in the last two weeks even though I have signed contracts on them and now go he extra step of having the AmEx clients call their card to anticipate the PayPal Here charge. I called American Express Merchant Services and they say that the issue is with PayPal's master merchant account number. I called PayPal to tell them that someone from their side needs to talk to someone on American Express' side and they said that I was making it up, that there was no such issue, and that if there was then American Express would call them. Infuriating! There's a problem and this needs escalation but the customer service people at PayPal are so arrogant that they won't listen and actually fix it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.