Miss handled

Tnewage
New Community Member

I purchased a camera and received in good condition but after using the camera it did not save all pictures or videos , emailed seller and waited for ever two weeks for reply . There repair was to reset the camera and all would be ok . Well it did not work and I email again ,this time they said it was the memory card . So after waiting 6 weeks the memory card finally arrived ,it did not fix the problem either . So I wanted a new one sent to me along with a return address label to send the old one back , this did not happen then they stopped talking to me . I got PayPal involved and there investigation lead them to me returning the item ,well to return this product to China is 150.00 by UPS and 107.00 fedex and 65.00 usps . This is not happening I purchased a camera that was defective and the store should pay for the return of there defective product not me . For a $70.00 product I should not be made to pay for the return of a defective product ,but PayPal has closed my case . We're do I turn from here , it seems that PayPal is letting the store rip people off for the use of PayPal . Would love some help please I don't think after waiting as long as I have and trying everything the store wanted I should have to keep a defective camera do to the cost of them making me return it !!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tnewage

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is often one persons word against anothers.

So paypal tend to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item to the seller first and normally the buyer has to fund that postage.

If you bought from a company in this country then they would normally refund your postage on return of item and if they don't you can take them to the small claims court.

BUT if you choose to buy from an individual or internationally then you don't get that option.

Paypal give you some buyer protection but the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions.

China = cheap but rarely is it quality.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

One seller puts it this way-

if you find something not satisfactory.or defective,you go to the store and return the item,the store does not come to you.

if you order the wrong size or they sent you the wrong size from a mail order catalogue house,sometimes they may issue a call tag,sometimes they do not.

your only way of getting even with them is not to buy from them again or hive them a bad rating on Yelp ?

You choose to buy from an overseas seller,you know there will always be a chance something could go wrong,many Chinese sellers are just individuals who go to a fleamarket,or factory outklets or wholesale markets and pick up some items,some are given old stale inventory as severance pay .

dont be fooled by the company title and the website.

I would just trash it and move on,chalk it to experience. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Google "PayPal Return Shipping US" and Activate!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can get up to $30 back with the above deal for return shipping.  You have no choice at this point.  Wait, I just saw that PayPal closed your case and you did not return.  Why did they close your case?  Anyway, at least you can activate return shipping reimbursement for you account and have it for use in the future.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.