Mastercard Gift Card Issue

mkpr56
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link two master card gift cards to my paypal but its keeps telling I can not. Anyone know why? I am able to link a couple of visa gift cards I have. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

WHERE ARE YOU AND WHO ISSUED THESE MC CARDS?

Login to Me Too

mkpr56
Contributor
Contributor
California and both were Christmas gifts, 1 from a friend the other from my parents. Not sure where from.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not who purchased the cards but who issued them?  What is on the front of the card and who owns the toll free number on the back of the cards.

Login to Me Too

mkpr56
Contributor
Contributor
As I stated in my previous message I do not know who issued them. One is a green $50 gift card with the MasterCard logo and it says gift for you on the bottom. It says prepaidgiftbalance.com on the back. The second card is a gold colored MasterCard with a blue Christmas box on the front and has $25 dollar gift card on it. It says mygiftcardsite.com on the back.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The cards would need to be issued by a bank in order to link the PayPal.  The web sites on the back of the cards could give more information.

Also, you would need to have the cards registered with your name and address the as your PayPal acocunt.  Did you do that?

Login to Me Too

mkpr56
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they are registered in my name and they are both issued by US National Bank.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What was the specific error message?

How many credit cards have you ever linked to your PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.