Load MoneyPak??

DP67
New Community Member

I used to just click on Add Money and the Moneypak option would come up.  I can't find that any more. If I click on add money it shows me my bank account and my credit card.  How do I do this now.  

I don't like the new layout at all.  Paypal has made things much more difficult.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Agree, the new interface is for lack of a better word - dumb.

Not sure what to tell you, I've been getting the new interface randomly - one time I get the classic and the next time I login I get the new one.  With the new interface, when I click on the Add Money link, I do have the option for adding GreenDot Money packs, so I'm not sure what to tell you. 

You may want to try switching back to the Classic view.  If you hover your cursor over More, there's an option to switch back to the Classic view.  Don't know if that helps or not at this point but. worth a try.

Login to Me Too

Jimbo19Slice
New Community Member

I am also having trouble with loading money with MoneyPak...... Where is the MORE option to change it to classic mode?!

Thanks,

Jim

Login to Me Too

Tattoo52
New Community Member
Can't reload my moneypakk ! Help !!!!
Login to Me Too

elainecroy
New Community Member

How do I add money from my green dot money card I have bought?

@Tattoo52 wrote:
Can't reload my moneypakk ! Help !!!!

Login to Me Too

JerryE2014
New Community Member

I had the same issue this morning. I called and they said they are going to stop using Green Dot MoneyPak soon. The person I talked to put me on hold and had to talk to someone else to figure out how to do it on the new site. He finally came back and said to go to https://www.paypal.com/addfunds and it should redirect me to the correct page to load money from a moneypak. It worked for me. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

EliotNess
New Community Member

Thank you very much Jerry E... the link worked, I dont know why PAYPAL would change a layout that has worked for YEARS!! but I guess some genius came up with this new "UPDATE" to keep his/her job or get a check...smh....when will they realize to leave WELL ENOUGH ALONE!!!!

@JerryE2014 wrote:

I had the same issue this morning. I called and they said they are going to stop using Green Dot MoneyPak soon. The person I talked to put me on hold and had to talk to someone else to figure out how to do it on the new site. He finally came back and said to go to https://www.paypal.com/addfunds and it should redirect me to the correct page to load money from a moneypak. It worked for me. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

doctorotr
Contributor
Contributor

If PayPal is going to stop using moneypak I may have to stop using Paypal.  The PayPal Debit Card is a royal pain.  

Although, they tell you that the debit card can be reloaded at many locations, the facts on the ground are the opposite.

Paypal has worked furiously for years to become a bank without the regulatory hassle.

Their only value to me has been to not have to use my credit cards for online purchases. If that is no longer the case, then I might as well pay the fees to my own bank

Login to Me Too

istlota
Contributor
Contributor

The aforementioned link no longer takes you to a page which allows you to transfer funds from a MoneyPak to your PayPal account. As others have said here, PayPal no longer lets you transfer funds from a MoneyPak to your PayPal account. PayPal more or less admits that this is because of NSA requirements.

If you, like me, refuse to have a checking account because our federal government is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of the banking cartel, never, ever, use PayPal. I would have closed my PayPal account years ago if they would let me.

**bleep** PayPal and the banks. Direct deposit your income to a Green Dot card. Green Dot actually is, sorta, a de facto bank with a routing # and acct # just like a real bank. But PayPal will not accept that as your checking account because PayPal is just as in bed with the banking cartel as the NSA and Obama. This will not change regardless of whether Trump or Hillary are elected in a few days. Instead of PayPal, use a Green Dot debit card to pay for merchandise ordered online.

Some older citizens living on Social Security have their checks direct deposited to a DirectExpress card, which like Green Dot is prohibited by law from allowing banks and/or any other creditors from garnishing your income.

Just be aware that, no matter what you do, the IRS can always get to your money. The only way to avoid the IRS is to die ... and even then the SOBs will swoop in and steal the money you leave to your survivors via inheritance tax.

Login to Me Too

slydofaz
New Community Member

i agree this happen to be the first time on for me since the change and i  was pressed for time to make a payment and decided i'd do via paypal.  what a mistake this was.   i dont see anywhere that says add money , then moneypak.   I really up frustrated rightnow with this service. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.