Keep getting error 650 while applying for PayPal working capital, anybody familiar with it?

Intersalescompa
New Community Member
24 REPLIES 24

SupaCrankIt
Contributor
Contributor

So July is here & I applied a few times so far this month as I was instructed to do. They said that when July came the system would look at the month of June sales of this year back until June of last year. Still getting the same 650 error code so I called them this morning. The guy that I spoke with said that the system is now looking at my June sales (which was a better month than May for me) but to keep trying to apply atleast once a day. He also said that the 650 error code is definitely a temporary code and will go away but there's no set time frame of when that will happen. I really wish the loans were giving out manually rather than a computer system. Or they could help when people get these errors from the computers repeatedly because they can cleary see we can afford to pay the loans back. Any luck on your end?

Login to Me Too

757BBR757
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing. I still get the 650 error code. I will just continue to sale and check everyday until I qualify. I think it's stupid but that is something we have to deal with. I tripled my sales and paid my loan fast. I will continue to sale and get big numbers for each month.
Login to Me Too

Missingcord
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever get appoved ? after getting the 650 error ? Because I am in 650 error limbo.

Login to Me Too

SupaCrankIt
Contributor
Contributor
Not yet just tried again today smh..I don't know what it could be now. Wish their was a way to manually get a loan thru PayPal rather than letting the computer decide
Login to Me Too

businesscruzin
New Community Member

Yes, it is a decline in sales.  It's kind of goofy they do this but it is completely automated. It has nothing to do with paying off the loan or even multiple loans. So if you have a balance and you want to pay it off don't it doesn't guarantee you another loan. The reason its goofy, was the first loan we bought inventory and sold it all paid the loan of way sooner because of the sales. The second loan was $3,000. Bought a bunch of inventory sold it all sooner than later, then got a $10,000 loan because of our increased sales. So then I did not buy any inventory from any other source because of how well things were going with Working Capital. So I was running low on inventory after about 4 months from the original $10,000 loan date. So sales declined on the 4th month while I still had a balance of $1,800. So in my wisdom and brilliance, I decided to pay the entire balance of $1800 off because we were about to purchase a large amount of inventory for the next loan. When I applied, I receved the 650 Code. I called and that was the reason they gave me my sales declined. I told him of course it did , I ran low on inventory and most of the sales from that loan was in the first 3 months but the 4th it declined. Hence Why I applied for another. That is the goofy part of the system. The funny thing he said though was try every other day or twice a week and you will get approved. I tried that and kept getting that 650 code. What a waste of paper and resources for the Paypal guy to tell me this so in the mail I was getting 3 to 4 decline letters from Paypal Working Capital each day for 2 weeks. So I purchased the inventory with my own money and about 2 months later I applied just to see and they gave me a $1000 loan. Sales were steady, that loan paid off. then declines again, so I have given up on Paypal Working Capital. It doesn't make sense, but I was told they do so many loans they have to have some sort of systems to regulate. Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

JF75
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone gotten past this error code? Got it today after paying off loan and not seeing any reassurance here...
Login to Me Too

rt2013
Contributor
Contributor

nope, been trying since May - 7 loans completed prior

Login to Me Too

Sundrenched
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyonet get past the error 650 code?

Login to Me Too

SupaCrankIt
Contributor
Contributor
Nope and when you call them they don't say much. Just keep saying do all of your business through PayPal and keep applying. I called them today actually after applying and getting the 650 error code. I've been trying since June 2017 after paying off my loan
Login to Me Too

JF75
Contributor
Contributor

I was told they look at your total/averages from the prior year and your past 2 month total - if they are consistent then you are "good". In our case the guy said "You were doing $xxxx.xx per month average and in the past 2 mths you've been doing 1/3 of that... I already knew as I'd ended a lot of stale stuff and was revamping our inventory so that wasn't a shock. So we have the next 2 months of getting our totals back up to the original/average amount we were doing, or higher. If we don't, then we will continue to be denied the loan. I got the paper and the reasons on it were bogus "too many ACH returns", "inconsistent $$ (what the rep said)" and "too many transactions not through ebay". I've had 1 ACH return in the past I don't know how many years, no complaints opened in around 2 years so the first reason is bogus. The last reason, the only payments not through ebay are when "friends/family" send money... if that's a problem they shouldn't have the option to do so. From what it sounds like though, the primary denial is due to inconsistent totals. Get your totals higher for 2 mths and you should be approved. I'll let you know if it works.... I've gotten my average back up, working on increasing it even, so if it's true I'll know soon enough.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.