Issue with Paypal Prepaid Card?

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, since the PayPal Prepaid Debit site has changed, I haven't been able to complete the instant transfers. I've called Paypal multiple times with no resolution, the agents told me my account was in good standing and to simply try again. Tried 5 hours apart today and still no luck. I continuously get the the following:

"Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer.

If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service."

Usually when this happens there's a big thread about it on here, but I see nothing. Maybe it's just me this time? Anyone else having this issue?

Login to Me Too
63 REPLIES 63

coffeeramblings
Contributor
Contributor

The Paypal rep stated that there was nothing wrong on their end and that I should contact NetSpend as they are the ones that run the Paypal Prepaid Website. So I went ahead and sent them an email today.

Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, as a PayPal Call Agent, that's exactly what I would have done as well - or transferred you to them since they are open today.

Login to Me Too

coffeeramblings
Contributor
Contributor

I received a reply back from NetSpend, stating that they reset my Paypal permissions and that should fix the problem. Well, it didn't fix anything as I still can't use the Paypal Transfer. I keep getting the same old error message,

Unable to perform the PayPal Instant Transfer. If you continue to have problems, please contact customer service.

Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering if you are not hitting risk when attempting to make your withdraw? Or perhaps you are getting blocked due to another reason. Hmm..

Login to Me Too

coffeeramblings
Contributor
Contributor

I've only had the card for just over a month. I've only tried transferring between $15 to $25, which always gives me the error message. I've been told by both Paypal and NetSpend Reps that my account is in good standings. There is just something wrong with the Paypal Prepaid website.

Login to Me Too

SannyD
Contributor
Contributor
That sounds stupid. It's obviously not him and is PayPal. The issue is still happening to basically everyone who tries the instant transfer option. Including myself who's been a customer for years with my husband.
Login to Me Too

Kaympaul

I am having the same issue  and I spoke  with an agent and to not available noting happen so I am at a lost 

Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor
Past ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

coffeeramblings
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is ridiculous. I'm planning on cancelling the card before the end of the month.

Login to Me Too

AndreJG
Contributor
Contributor
Bumping this one more time before I just chalk it up and close my account. Has anyone else had this problem and had it resolved?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.